Sticky Channels

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by BoomWalker, Mar 19, 2013.

1. BoomWalker Augur

Sticky Channels

Can we get 'sticky' channels. Meaning a channel is given the same number for a specific name.

If there is a raid channel 'myraid:3' then leave it as channel 3.

This isn't an autojoin thing...instead it means each channel can have a 'sticky' channel number.

Perhaps put these in some INI file...

Sticky Channels
    channel1=
    channel2=
    channel3=myraid
    channel4=
    channel5=
    channel6=

Give a maximum number of channels...say 20...and each can be 'sticky' with a specific channel.

So instead of logging on and getting autojoined to 'myraid:3'....the user will /join myraid and it ends up as 'myraid:3' even if there are no other channels currently joined.
  2. Filatal Augur

But then we lose the total hilarity when people mis-channel. I vote no.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Rouan Augur

That certain wizard would manage it regardless.
  4. Tegila Augur

i got around this with autojoin, i dont join random channels one day and never again though. the only problem i run into is going ld in primetime coming back and my general slot is now my officer channel bc im in general1 instead which is now my officer channel slot heh, course thats more my fault for putting them in teh order i did on autojoin but my general had always been 6 so when i added a few more channels i wanted them to be later numbers.

if you dont join anything but "myraid" im not sure the game can handle assining that as caht 3 if there is no chat 1 or 2, or that they could leave 3 vacant if you're also in 4 and 5. not sure on taht but it seems like something hardwired in code somewhere
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Heh heh heh.

The only issue, as stated, is with general/general1 screwing up numbered orders, and hotkeys that go to a channel before that.
  6. Tegila Augur

id rather they put general 1 or general 2 etc in the slot that general is suppsoedto be in if general is full, that shoudltn be al ltha hard. if it gets to channel 6 and general is full it shoudl then join general 1 beforej oining the remaining channels. instead it places the last channel in your autojoin in that spot and puts the rest in order, kind makes me want to redo my autojoins and have general1 at the end and test the theory, so if general doesnt exist and it does put lastchannel in its place, general1 would then go there and the rest remain where they belong, then itd jsut put general2 in general1s spot since cant join same channel twice, or jsut nto put a channel there at all. still sucks if yo uwant ot rejoin general you ahveto leave the rest and rejoin them. would be nice if theyd retry joining, or if yo uzone and arent in a designated autojoin channel taht it would then try again rather than waiting til you leave or log out to try to fix its own error