Stick with Ranger or Ber?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Malkavius, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Malkavius Augur

Got a 65 ranger and a 70 berserker. I enjoy them both, but wanted a berserker main for a long time. Now I can't decide between the 2. Feel like bers need shaman/bards/bsts to do any real damage. Otherwise the ranger is pretty much equal. Don't have time to play them both, so I would like to pick just one for now.
  2. Dalmoth Journeyman

If you want to be different play the Zerker, there a lot of rangers out there. And I'm willing to bet that you'll eventually feel the ranger needs the same buffs to do any real damage as well.

But, in the end. Play what you enjoy playing as that will be what you have the most fun with.
  3. doktartp Augur

rangers solo far better, the "lots of rangers" issue usually has to do with the power of headshot.
    people gravitate toward easy and low risk, so if your one of those people you can follow the trend.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

I'd say neither in the near future, both are getting crippled (as well as Rogues =p)
  5. Bauer Augur

That's false. (and please respect the NDA)

Play whatever class you have fun playing.

You like shooting arrows? Play a ranger.
    You like chopping peoples heads off? Play a berzerker.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

I don't think a NDA has anything to do with common knowledge. Don't play a Ranger for headshotting and don't play a Berzerker with thoughts of decapitation for easy exp.

But as he said previously, play them for fun.
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

If you enjoy them equally, you need to look at what you endgame is. Do you plan to join a raiding guild or do you primarily play the group game? If you plan to solo or molo, i much prefer my ranger over my berzerker. I enjoy HS > Decapitate. Both do great dps when well played on raids/group with good ADPS. In this case, which do you enjoy more.
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

It shouldn't be common knowledge without the NDA being violated.
    Bauer likes this.
  9. fransisco Augur

Elidroth was telling people at the fan fair its the end of headshot, decapitation, and assasinate.
    Those AAs will not be getting upgrades anymore - so people won't be able to kill higher lvl mobs than they can now.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

Or I can just pull up 6+ different posts talking about their demise.
  11. Vouivre Augur

Elidroth has also said as much and complained about these abilities for a long while now. Everyone knew he was going to change them or phase them out. It's not rocket science.
  12. Cakeny Augur

It's common knowledge from what they said at Fan Faire I think, not due to someone breaking NDA.
    Vouivre likes this.
  13. doktartp Augur

so its easy to PL to 90 still if they stop the line (more due to greens)
    maybe next year it will be obsolete.
  14. Crystilla Augur

What he actually said at the SoE Live panel was - they aren't going away, but they're being stagnated for a while so for this expansion he wasn't planning on giving new ranks.
  15. Tarrin Augur

If head shot/ decap / assasinate being stagnated cripples your class, you may have been doing it wrong.
    Daislet likes this.