Steel Bits Smithing Recipe Missing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CatF, Sep 16, 2022.

1. CatF New Member

I am trying to complete the Quest: Dorian's Personalized Gift which requires crafting a Sewing Needle which requires crafting Steel Bits both in a forge. I am unable to find a recipe for the Steel Bits in the Smithing Forge. Has anyone else had this issue?
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

You probably have to manually combine one first, only a certain subset are "auto learned", everything else requires making one to learn the recipe. Use the experiment screen to combine a file and small brick of steel.
    Yinla and CatF like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

EQ Traders is a great resource for those combines that don't show in your window. Like the above poster said, not all recipes are in your window. Many of them you have to "learn" first.

You may want to look into the free tradeskill quests which will put a lot of recipes in your book. You can do free up to skill 51 in Ab Sea or Cresent Reach

Here is the recipe: (you can click these links and see more) to do this you would need to open the tradskill window then select "experiment" - make the combine at least one time and then it will start showing in your normal window

Smithing Components: File, Small Brick of Steel
    In: Forge, Tanaan Forge, Forge - Floor (Placeable), Forge - Standing (Placeable), Guild Forge
    Yield: 1
    Also Returns: File(1)
    On Failure Returns: File
    Notes: EQRecipeID: 63663
    Trivial at: 24
    Yinla and CatF like this.
  4. CatF New Member

Thank you so so much!! I had no clue to do that!
  5. CatF New Member

That worked! Thank you so so much! I had no idea that would work!