Steam Pay

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by baxter the great, May 22, 2022.

1. baxter the great New Member

Can’t pay for membership through steam .. anyone else have this issue???? .. tried multiple computers .. anyone have some answers ???.. course I could use CC but now I’ve just threw away $120 .. I ONLY use stream to pay .. been doing it for years now ..
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Open a petition, only CS can help with account/billing issues.
  3. baxter the great New Member

Thanks soulbanshee … daybreak support said it Steam issue and Steam says it’s a Daybreak issue .. usual run around .. seems that either is in a hurry to fix it …..I though maybe in forums some else is having this issue too .. guess I’m one of 3 things ..1: the ONLY one left not on a CC pay system .. 2: only one paying through steam 3: only one who can’t pay through steam .. judging by reply’s (1) … I'm the ONLY ONE USING STEAM PAY .. looks
    Like i’m on silver until it’s fixed .
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are all your computers using the same browser? Try changing to Opera browser - seems to work better when having browser issues

Do you get an error of any sort or why is it not working. Might be something one of us has heard of and can help you with
  5. Zanarnar Augur

I guess I'll ask the question.. why are you paying them through steam, rather then directly? I'm guessing when you do it that way, steam takes a cut; so either your paying more or they're accepting less.

In either case, I can't imagine they will be tripping over themselves to fix it; especially if its the latter (them accepting less). I'd request a refund from steam and then pay DPG directly if that's an option for you. Might get you back on-line faster. otherwise good luck. You likely are one of the very few paying that way.
    karioki likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, steam does give you the option to use pay pal to transfer the funds, I think. Really not to sure. I avoid it due to all the problems it creates.

It seems to me people who use steam think that EQ billing is evil and if they use the credit card then EQ is going to run off with their money. I think after 20 years and all these subscriptions then they possibly might be wrong.

And in this case it appears Steam ran off with op's money:D:(

But hey - they said cars would never replace the horse and carriage
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Had the same kinda issues, had a Debit card on file then after some back-end change it failed to rebill & would not use that card for a follow-up sub, ended up resorting to steam pay for 12 month subs using paypal on the steam pay end.

Overall it was still a pain in the rear.
  8. mossypelt Journeyman

I'm also having this issue. Cannot pay via steam. After login into my steam account to proceed with payment i then go back to Daybreak with a system error message instead. I doubt this is Steam's fault. I once made two payments via steam (for two different EQ accounts) and despite the payments going through only one account got activated. Daybreak stated it wasn't their problem and was steam side. I had to go back and forth between steam and Daybreak and eventually showed them evidence of having paid money to them and they traced the payment and found it. They clearly have very little resouces to be dealing with these sort of hiccups. After them losing the credit card details of users a few year back, i'm not prepared to give them my information directly. So i bought V Rising and Evil Dead instead. Happy hunting.
    Stymie likes this.
  9. vernster New Member

today I cant get a credit card to work on the daybreak site
  10. Pentasol Journeyman

Do you want to know anything else while you're here like what his favorite ice cream flavor is and why? Why he prefers one OS to another? How about why he wants to play EQ instead of WoW, is that something he needs to explain to you too?

There's a button that should work but doesn't. No further explanation needed. Why would anybody pay DBG directly if their website has errors on it? It's not professional to have buttons on a payment page which don't work. Do you like rewarding bad behavior or risking ANOTHER failed payment?

Direct or indirect, all payment processors charge a fee.

EverQuest is listed on Steam which is where some people choose to buy all their games from. Steam gives EverQuest exposure (that's why it's on there) and Steam accepts more payment options than DBG including cash at a local store. DBG states on its web site that it accepts payments from Steam just like it does with PayPal....they are both the same type of thing.

I just in fact purchased Guild Wars Trilogy for $15 with cash through Steam. It's $60 on Arenanet. I took the unused CD key I purchased from Steam and used it on the Arenanet web site to bypass the Steam client. Arenanet still got paid, I just used Steam to process the payment.

You'd think that in a world which says that everybody is trying to hack into your bank account and steal your credit card details (not to mention unemployment, bad credit scores and bank fees) there would be more options to pay with cash.

The irony is that EQ is for people with no life and no life means no job (or bad credit score) which means no CC (only cash). If they cared about poor people they would offer cash payment options not just CC payments.

You can buy Daybreak Cash with cash but you can't buy Krono or All Access with Daybreak Cash. It's madness.

Anyway, DBG should delist EverQuest from Steam and also remove Steam as a payment option if they don't care about it otherwise it's misleading and makes them look terrible but I don't think they care about looking terrible going by their track record. It's a miracle EQ still exists tbh. They obviously don't need the money if they are busy adding witty loading screen messages instead of fixing billing errors which stop players from subscribing. I thought they were strapped for cash but it seems not.

You're not him. And you're suggesting he pays twice.

Even if it's true, how is that relevant?? Very few people play EQ so should EQ cease to exist because very few people play it???? People in glass houses...I never thought I'd see the day an EQ player of all people would say "Not many people do it so it shouldn't be an option"...omg....darwin award material.

Well, don't cry and be all confused when EQ shuts down because somebody took your advice and decided that EQ shouldn't exist because "very few people play it".
  11. Pentasol Journeyman

DBG also offers bank transfer payments.

Using your expert CIA profiling skillz, what can you tell me about the people who use bank transfer?

And using your spidey sense, can you tell me how many people are using bank xfers compared to other payment methods and whether it's worth keeping because "very very few people use it"??
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow, you seem very aggressive to necro an old post that is not even yours (you are not him either) and slam every other poster on it. Yet you don't offer OP any solution. And if you don't like EQ then why bother?

But to your point I cannot tell you about the people who use bank transfers because the only payment forms for membership that DBG listed under their help section (https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/218049437-Payment-options) accepts are:

We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover credit cards. Pre-paid or debit cards with any of these labels are often accepted.

Physical Game Cards - yes they are no longer sold but some players still have them and they work.

Krono.

Unless perhaps "bank transfers" is a European thing?
    Bank transfer is the general term used to cover a wide range of credit transfers, including cash payments, giro-payments, and wire transfer to local banks. They are the most common form of cashless consumer payments in most countries within the European Union and Asia–Pacific (references: www.ecb.org and www.bis.org).

But this is all a moot point since your posts come from under the bridge.
  13. Pentasol Journeyman

"Old-ish" post..."modern day" problem....a problem which affects me (a potential subscriber) also. How would you like it if you couldn't play EQ to the maximum? You make a lousy company representative.

They musn't need money to keep EQ alive like you keeping telling me they do. If they did they wouldn't let you be so hostile and rude towards potential subscribers and they wouldn't have payment issues. They would also offer cash payments. You gonna tell me "very few people use cash"? They alread use Paysafecard for Daybreak Cash but not for Krono. Where's the logic?

My point was rhetorical because you're not a mind reader, you don't have spidey sense and you don't make the decisions around here (thank goodness)).

And don't forget that VERY FEW PEOPLE PLAY EQ so let's hear less of this "very few people do it's so it's not worth doing" nonsense shall we?
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think you have me confused. My responses to this OP were:

Are all your computers using the same browser? Try changing to Opera browser - seems to work better when having browser issues

Do you get an error of any sort or why is it not working. Might be something one of us has heard of and can help you with***********************************look this is someone trying to help another player

And a comment on my dislike of steam.

No where did I post anything you said I did.

Nowhere on this post did I say:
    That I was a company representative.

or that
    they need money to keep EQ alive like you keeping telling me they do.

or

very few people use cash"

Unless your use of the word YOU is meant to encompass other posts from other players you have seen and taken objection to?

For someone fairly new to the forums your kinda unfriendly esp for a post in this Player Support sub forum which is for players to help players not for posters to individually slam other posters.

Edit: ah this entire slam at me makes sense if you are a forum user who used to hassle me but has made a different forum account for some reason (wink wink) asking for a friend who suggested that
  15. Pentasol Journeyman

That's one of the things you said in response to the problem at hand. Not very helpful, and it's mean.

If you really were concerned about EQ going under....the same EQ that is always being portrayed as being "on the brink" due lack of funding....neither you nor the company would be so complacent (or rude).

I was playing Guild Wars earlier and I needed some help, after somebody helped me I thanked them.

You know what their response was?

"No problem, we're just happy you are here to play with us".

That's gratitude. They didn't say "Get out of our playground" like you do.

You sound spoilt rotten and seem to take everything for granted hence the plucky attitude. I've heard it called dutch courage. You're standing behind a barrier, protected, while you pull faces at people who have technical issues that can be easily resolved and should be resolved. An explanation would be nice. Is that too much to ask for?

I see the same attitude from a lot of "EQ players" on these forums. I use quotation marks because they seem to be enemies of EQ rather than genuine players. Some of them speak like company accountants rather than actual players.

It's like being on a conspiracy theory website which is run by anti conspiracy theorists..

Anyway, let's not make it all about you, you attention seeker you, my main post was towards somebody who said "you will be one of the very very few players who use that payment method" as though that's relevant in any way.

Because, like I said, very few people play EQ yet EQ exists and has 29 expansions so far, and even less Europeans play EQ yet there is a European server.

It's like saying "you shouldn't play EQ because you will be one of the very few people playing it, play WoW instead because lots more people play that". Duh, okay.