Steady dps

Discussion in 'Melee' started by blood & gufts, Oct 17, 2013.

1. blood & gufts Augur

What kind of discs/aa do you need to keep a steady dps without having to burst your wrists into harms way ?

In others, recommended Things to you when not burning ?
    Asked for zerker & rogue.

Assume chars around between 80 - 90. And what after there
  2. Phrett Augur

There's not much of an answer to this question for a zerker... if you want good steady dps, you're gonna have to mash the hell out of some buttons. So the best answer... good hotkeys?
  3. Slasher Augur

volley, axe of line, brutal axe throw, vanquishing, etc most melee have to mash 5-6 buttons maybe more.
  4. Gragas Augur

Not if you keybind can put all those on one spam button. Makes life easier, but you will still have to mash that one button like a mad man.
  5. Explicit Augur

I made this in VOA for my zerker, I'm sure there's a better way to do it but it works for what I need it for.

Line1= /disc Brutal Volley Rk.
    Line2= /pause 1
    Line3= /disc Axe of Zurel Rk.
    Line4= /pause 2
    Line5= /disc Brutal Axe Throw Rk.

Rank number goes after Rk. obviously. I have this with Vanquishing next to it so I hit that when it refreshes.

This should work for any level where you have these type of discs, just replace these ROF ones with whichever set you're working with.
  6. Gladare Augur

The pause isn't neccessary. You're going to spam the button anyway. You could also put the pauses on the same line as the commands if you really really want them, and then add more /doability # whatever.
  7. Explicit Augur

I've found the pause is necessary, for me at least. Otherwise all 3 will not fire in succession (they are discs, not abilities like kick/bash, etc).

They have a cooldown as well so spamming is kind of pointless. I -do- spam the frenzy key but that is by itself in the same place as Bash on my warrior.
  8. Gladare Augur

There a reason they need to fire in succession? They just look like damage abilities to me. And, everything has a cooldown. Even bash is 5 seconds or so.
  9. Explicit Augur

They're spam-damage abilities. Not using all 3 at the same time would be less dps. If you remove the pause from the hotkey, you get "can't use this ability at this time" or something similar so it just skips over that disc and you have to hit the button again to get it to work.

I'm using the lowest pause I could find that works 100% of the time so the discs will all fire almost at the same time but won't give me the "you're busy" error. They are all on a 12 second cooldown.

Really the hotkey is for convenience so you -don't- have to repeatedly spam a button. It fires all 3 within a split second of each other and let's you do other things for the next 8-10 seconds before you have to hit it again.
  10. Gragas Augur

11. Gladare Augur

nm. I was adding info about my personal preference that doesn't really matter in this thread lol.
  12. Explicit Augur

I box almost exclusively outside raids, while multi binding is likely more efficient it would tie up other characters. The social works very well for what it is and is just one of many solutions to OP's problem
  13. sojuu Augur

I find it better to put the pause in the same line as the disc can fit more in there. Just a suggestion though. And also not sure if u need more than 3 discs in there.