Status: 10/18/2017 6:42 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fian, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Febb Augur

Hey guys, I don't read the news and I'm mad someone didn't personally come to my house to let me know of all the news that is going on!!!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

My fault, I was on the phone in a 10 way conversation to customer support about the 100 krono I lost that I had a petition in on for the last year that they never answered. Threatened to cancel my 1 account and boy that sent them a wake up call!
    Lilliee and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I demand that Daybreak send Smed & Brad McQuaid to my house once a month every month to inform me of all the upcoming changes even though neither of them works for the company anymore. It's my right as a long time paying player of 18 years and eleventy billion accounts!
    Lilliee likes this.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

5. Guzzle Augur

Come on DBG, can we please make sure we run the patch schedule by this guy that only plays once a month? This customer service is unbelievable. Outright DISGUSTING.
  6. lefous Elder

any eta on sever
  7. The Bagman New Member

No eta yet but i am betting that we will see an update here shortly saying they are extending it!
    lefous likes this.
  8. lefous Elder

ok tks
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Incoming posts with people freaking out! 7 hours is up. LOL
    Gyurika Godofwar, Claan and Treiln like this.
  10. Treiln Augur

They posted server downtime at 6:42 and claimed 7 hours. So by their words it should be up in 12 minutes from this post....i'm assuming in 10 we'll get a message saying they're extending it lol
  11. Herf Augur

Ok it's now been precisely 7 hours. You'all may proceed to freak out :)
  12. faya Lorekeeper

My problem isn't with their patching or their communications of said patches... They could easily communicate these over an in-game note in yellow text as they do when they want you to buy something.

My problem is that they refuse to perform the patch offhours. I manage servers, i do my patching after hours so my users aren't impacted, why is it so difficult for DB to understand this? It's not as though this is a free game -- i have 6 gold accounts. Most people PAY to play this game, they need to stop treating the user experience like a 'nice to have but completely optional'.
  13. The Bagman New Member

Tomorrow will also be the patch to fix this patch because it broke all the previous working guild hall anchors but corrected the ones that were not working!
  14. Treiln Augur

It's the lesser of 2 evils. There's always people playing at any given point of time. I'm sure they have a way of tracking the high times of the game versus the low. Can't please everyone, but may as well piss off as few of people as possible =/
  15. Dudeisbeast New Member

They have patched every 3rd Wednesday of each month for quite a while now. Go play another game.
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

So no one is impacted when you do your patching which implies no one would be hitting those servers at that time anyway.
    Thing is, Everquest is played by people all over the world.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Herf like this.
  17. Claan Elder

<----FREAKING OUT!
    Herf likes this.
  18. lamsai Journeyman

posted down time + 2-5 hours for patch/update then the server will be up for 3-5 hours and then taken down for 2-4 hours for a hotfix for the update/patch that is what i use every update
  19. faya Lorekeeper

well in the mean time... TIL EQ is illegal in the state of Minas Gerais in Brazil, lol.

Prohibition in the state of Minas Gerais state of Brazil

On 17 January 2008, the Judge of the 17th Federal Court of Minas Gerais State forbade the sales of the game in that Brazilian territory. The reason was that "the game leads the players to a loss of moral virtue and takes them into "heavy" psychological conflicts because of the game quests".[49]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest#Prohibition_in_the_state_of_Minas_Gerais_state_of_Brazil

20. smash Augur

If you live in US, then at this time you most likely be at work or study.

Which leaves this time as perfect.

Also their employees are presently at work, because its their normal work hours, so no extra expenses. They need to be at work to correct fixes for vugs they might have caused.