Stats how they effect character / level

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ilshade, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Ilshade Augur

Stats how they effect character / level

So how does the whole stat thing work.

Like +10 Int item what would it give a mage or chanter - does level matter in the equation - how do you determine skill cap

+10 Stam - is this basically +100 hps to the character?
  2. Nekk Augur

Just google EQ heroic stats, and you will find quite a few write ups on them and which stats to choose for your class.

Would give you some links but I'm on my phone and it's about to die. Maybe I'll get on my laptop and post some links later.
  3. Evast Lorekeeper

Strength - Increases the weight cap that you can carry. 1 STR = 1 increased weight capacity. Also increases the power of your melee attacks. If your strength is also higher than your Intelligence and Wisdom, it can affect how quickly you skill up in the Blacksmithing tradeskill.

Stamina - Increases your health pool. How much HP you gain per point of Stamina is based on Class. Or used to be that way at least

Agility - Increases AC and combat mitigation (I'm not sure what the caps are)

Dexterity - Increases your chances of critically hitting in combat, as well as increasing your chance to skill up in melee. Also increases your chance of firing off weapon abilities/spells. Increases the damage you do with archery and thrown weapons.

Intelligence - Increases mana pool for INT classes (Necro's / Mages / Wizards / Chanters / SK's). How much you gain per point of Intelligence is beyond me sadly :(

Wisdom - Increases mana pool for WIS classes (Druids / Shamans / Rangers / Beastlords / Paladins)

Charisma - Affects merchant prices, and for mez, charm, memory blur, divine intervention spells to be successful and last longer. For Bards, higher Charisma reduces the chances of missing a note while singing.

I apologize if you were looking for exact numbers, I do not know those :(
  4. Ilshade Augur

thank you all for the info...

Yes, I was trying to get to know more about how items directly effect the character as you level and build.

Example +40 mana items is better or worse than a +4 int/wis item when trying to increase mana pool

like wise +5 stam items or +50 hp item.

but if level and class also effect the gain on specific stats items, then non stat items maybe better?
  5. Evast Lorekeeper

Well the stats cap at 255 until level 65. Once you hit 255 at <65, then the "non stat items" will become better.

I would recommend going for stats first until maxed out. Then going for the +50 HP items and what not. It's easy to cap out at 255 with all the defiant gear floating around.

An easy way to check what does what, is find a piece of armor with low stats (easier to track this way), and take note of what your current stats are. Then unequip the item and check the differences.
  6. Ilshade Augur

thank you all