I'm very angry. SInce I no longer have the EQ CD I had to use station launcher, and download EQ because thats the ONLY WAY that is easy to find it.
    Thing is Station Launcher is so slow, and I box toons and it likes to take forever for me to just change username and type in passcode and launch EQ. It takes like 1 - 2 mins longer than just using the NORMAL EQ launcher. So I went and removed Station Launcher. And now it wont let me run EQ... WHY must I use this? I just want the NORMAL EQ Launcher not this ALL SONY's MMORPGs launcher.
    SONY should just focus on ONE MMORPG, maybe then they would be racking in a lot of cash, but nooo SONY has to have like 4 different MMORPGS. While Blizzard has ONE MMORPG they focus on, which is WoW and they getting all the money.
    I'm just angry I have to use this stupid Station Launcher to load EQ with. I want to play EQ, not the other games. They can burn in hell.
  2. ARCHIVED--Qabal- Guest

What kind of error message, if any, are you getting when you try to run it without the launcher? What are you clicking to try to run it? Desktop icon, Everquest.exe, or ? The more information you can supply the better your chances of getting a helpful answer. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-UberKiNGKoNG Guest

Please run Everquest.exe
    I click on eqgame in the everquest folder, and says the same thing.
    Just started happening when I removed StationLauncher because its being dumb, I dont play EQ2 or Vanguard or the other 3 games, I just play EQ.
    If your gonna play a MMORPG you play ONE not 5.
    Right now I'm looking for this Station Launcher I downloaded. I have to say EQ has the worst website ever, it talks about all this stuff, and BUY EQ here. But I already digitally BOUGHT EQ. Theres so many tabs on the website, all stupid. Needs to be more simple, like DOWNLOAD EQ here, DOWNLOAD EQ Station Launcher HERE. I click on download tab, there is no EQ download, just garbage wallpaper downloads and stuff. Fustrated that I cant find this station launcher atm.
    Just got this new comp and cant find out where to get the stupid EQ station launcher.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sarkaukar-Povar Guest

Chill pill.../sent!!! (and I can not comment on EQ website as I do not wish to be banned atm :) )
    What OS are you using?
    Delete any/all EQ shortcuts from your desktop.
    Drill down to your EQ directory, locate everquest.exe, right click/send to Desktop (as shortcut).
    Use shortcut to launch patcher.
    If using same folder for more than one account, you can create a 2nd shortcut to bypass the patcher to pull up 2nd/3rd accounts.
    C:\games\Everquest\eqgame.exe patchme
    or the following if directory names are longer than 8characters.
    "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
    Now, if your OS is Vista, then read the following carefully.

1. Right click on the program launch icon
    2. Left click on "Properties".
    3. In the new window that pops up click on the "Compatibility" tab.
    4. In the "Compatibility Mode" area check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
    5. In the drop down list make certain that "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" is selected.
    6. Under "Privilege Level" make certain that the box next to "Run this program as administrator" is checked.
    7. Click on "Apply" then click on "Ok".
    8. Double click on the program launch icon.

Then run the game. It should patch properly and work. If it doesn't, you may need to disable the UAC in Vista: If the game works this way, then something else was not configured properly or corruption.

Click Start, then Search.
    Type MSCONFIG and press enter, click the tools tab and search for Disable UAC.
    Highlight it and click on launch.
    A DOS window will open and execute a command. When it finishes, close the window and restart your system.

Then test the game again. If it still won't work, disable the Windows firewall AND any firewalls included with any antivirals on your system. You may also need to reconfigure any router or DSL modem/router attached. You can find the information you need to open the ports in the next link. If your router also supports SPI firewall, you may need to disable that as well. SPI firewalls don't work well with MMO games.

And fyi, the EQ stand-alone patcher is readily available.
    Knowledge Base - Patchers
    Station Launcher :: Integrated Chat, Games and Friends