Station Cash prices

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vanrau, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Vanrau Augur

Looking at the marketplace I see so many things that are way over priced. As an example, Heroic character. 3500 SC, that's $35! Are you serious? What do you all think about the prices?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think station cash prices are bad in general. The only things I would change prices on would be making Big Bags a little cheaper, maybe make hero forge a bit more expensive but be for a whole account not just one toon (so overall cheaper).

I still see a lot of people buying heroic toons. Same goes for big bags and Heros Forge armor. If daybreak keeps making decent expansions I am fine with them getting as much as they can out of the game.

I guess the one reason to make heroic toons cheaper would be if it would get more people into the game. Especially if they were all access accounts.
    Elricvonclief, Lisandra and Zujilli like this.
  3. Aghinem Augur

Nothing is going to change in the realm of micro-transactions. This is how they make their extra money. They already set prices to $14.99 for ALL ACCESS - anything else, they will be giving it away. Not a good business model.
  4. chaoz_sk Journeyman

I find the monthly 500sc reward for all access is enough for me to buy any items I want from the marketplace. 2 more months and I'll have enough for another heroic character,
    Benzarden, Lisandra and Aghinem like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

$35 is a fine price for the HC jump start for returning and new players, imo. I do think it ought to include the old Silver benefits of chat channel access and A5 mercs by default, though.
    Lisandra and Rhaage like this.
  6. Sancus Augur

As someone who's bought 3 or 4 Heroic Characters in addition to the free ones... I think it's ok. Wish it was cheaper, but I'm willing to pay $35.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Povarmonk Elder

Yes tons of stuff is overpriced not to mention that they do not do the half-price or bonus deals on station cash like that have in the past. The ones I cant stand how much the robes cost 750 are u kidding me or what!
  8. taliefer Augur

i think they are fine for the most part.

only thing i wished theyd do is bring back the double/tripple station cash specials. id usually drop 50 bucks on SC each time when they did that. now i might spend 50 total throughout a year on SC.
  9. taliefer Augur

which reminds me, we need a new name for station cash...Daybreak Dollars?
    Azbaelus and Lisandra like this.
  10. Gruffish Elder

I think the prices are reasonable for the most part. A couple of changes I would make is lowering the price of the hero forge option. This might end up boosting sales of ornaments after all.

I might also lower the price of a heroic character for players with all access accounts or offer a half priced HC with purchase of 3 months all access.
    Elricvonclief and Lisandra like this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

True, they don't do them very often, but there was one not that long ago. They were running different kinds of sales, such as 25% off if you bought the SC cards at Gamestop or something like that. I think they are also having more frequent in game sales than they did when there were more frequent SC bonus days and with the 500 free SC every month, that makes things much cheaper, and sometimes free.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Barton The Mischievous

I do think they should do an evaluation on SC prices and items some could use being a little cheaper or adjustments in timers etc but 3500 for a heroic character is not that bad imo, WoW charges $60 a pop for theirs. although an adjustment to 3000 may increase over all sales, perhaps a poll on SC prices would be a good idea
  13. Necromonious Augur

After a while u can start to approximate, at your pace and with what resources you have (a friend to PL would be nice, I used to charge 100k/hour and always had buyers) how long it would take to get those AA's..and then decide if it's worth it.

Considering the value of the time saved, I'd say it's worth it
  14. Bigstomp Augur

They give a ton of aa's via auto-grant.
    I don't think their prices are crazy. Expensive (when you look at bags) but I'm good with that. We shouldn't be buying everything from the store, and earning as much in game as we can.

XP is very easy to get if you just play the game. Even with tons of raid deaths I've been max xp for a bit and I hate/don't do grinding, I just play at working on tasks and progression and ect.
    Elricvonclief and Benzarden like this.
  15. Stickietoes Augur

I remember when the Bottle of Shared Adventure 3 had 50% for 2 hours, for 45$, yet the Bottle of Shared Adventure 2 was 25% for 4 hours, for 14$. When you think about it, BoSA2 is the better deal :).
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh that was my EXACT same thought. Polls on the sorts of things we would be willing to spend money on might be good though.
    Rhaage likes this.
  17. Barton The Mischievous

Lol depends on how you frame the question.
    Just asking "Hey do you think x should be cheaper?" Well ya everyone would say yes.
    It is all in how you word the questions.

Do you consider a Heroic Character a good deal compared to X?

Would you purchase a Heroic Character if x or if not y and would r be a factor?

If our potions were standardized to a one hour buff but adjusted in price to match current times would you buy more or less?

Do you consider a 10% exp buff to be a good buy at X SC compared to a 25% at X SC?

It also depends on what customers you send the questions to as well, but as you all likely have limited marketing types perhaps their time is better spent elsewhere.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Doesn't matter how you frame the question on price people are always going to pick cheaper over more expensive. But yes there are lots of other questions you can ask that have something to do with price. Just not cheaper or more expensive.
  19. segap Augur

They already have a fairly good poll in place. It's called the sales numbers on each item.
  20. Questoften32 Augur

If you cant pay what it would cost to order a pizza, on a heroic character you should be spending hours upon hours of your real life time playing...then you obviously dont want one, but...even if you dont want one, I'm sure eq would be happy to sell you one. Price? Its obviously worth 50 bucks, but eq will take 35...and if you order a heroic character, thats exactly what you'll get.