state of the game?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Fuglyman, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Fuglyman Journeyman

Hi all,

with Asherons call closing down i have moved back to EQ, both games are my favorites and i am happy that one of them is still running.

I have to ask, does it seem like this game has the legs to be running for a few more years atleast?
  2. moogs Augur

The most recent expansion was released several weeks ago and they opened a new server yesterday.
    Felicite likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Like your gamra has a walker!:D Just a joke! No one can predict the future of EQ but I and others are still playing after many many years so if its still playable there will be players.
  4. eqgamer Augur

Plus they announced there will be expansion next year. That means it's potentially around for at least two more?
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I don't want this to be too negative, but I think it's only fair to present another view:
    • The "new" server that opened is a catch-all for the closing of another server, which was always intended to be a temporary server. Net gain = 0 or less (most of the players that were on the temporary server are likely now back on their regular servers, and not on the new server).
    • The most recent expansion (although fun) was possibly the smallest to date, and each expansion gets smaller.
    • They "announced" an entire new game, called EQ Next, and then canceled it after taking lots of money from people who anticipated it (through Landmark). I wouldn't put too much faith in what "they" say.
    I'm still playing :)
  6. crash n'burn Journeyman

They also announced something about a new TLP server coming out this summer iirc.
  7. Derd Augur

Easily the legs to run longer. Newest expansion has been great. New gear gets you equal or better stats than one or two expansion back raid gear. Quick respawn opens up tons of camp areas to small or full groups. Log in level up and enjoy
    Tarvas likes this.
  8. Razorfall Augur

Phinny is keeping the game alive and ruining everything at the same time. TLP is cancer and truebox code makes it even worse. I'd rather that effort go into having more content per expansion instead of having to mess with old content. Quarm was pretty nice though. Server stability sucked for a while but has been good lately. Class balance is pretty good despite all the whining in the class forums. Pets/mercs need to be retuned for current content, but are nevertheless usable (except for the tank merc).

The new server looks interesting. Don't screw it up, DBG.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

EQ is a very strong business, and will run for many years to come. People compare it negatively to when it was the biggest game around, and that is flawed. Daybreak are really good at running the game, and are pruducing new content while continually cleaning up the game.

It is a great, great game, welcome back.
  10. Sakuraba Augur

A lot of servers seem to be spiking in population right now. Even FV is showing up as 2/3rds full on the status tracker.

I'd say give it a shot, because EoK sounds like it's been pretty good to everyone. Also, seems like the devs have more passion left for EQ than they do it's predecessor lol.