State of Beastlords

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by melody4579, Sep 16, 2017.

1. melody4579 New Member

Whats the current state of beastlords? Seems like everyone is recruiting them, and hard to find. I have a new heroic I was planning on making one and was just hoping to get a feel for what they are like high level. Obviously not too many out there compared to some classes
  2. Phrovo1 Augur

good ones do good dps, mediocre ones are RF/dicho/paragon bots, terrible ones just send in pet and turn on attack
    Stubar, Maedhros and Sindaiann like this.
  3. Sindaiann Augur

So true
  4. Brohg Augur

High rate of return on knowledge & effort. Great beastlords are really great
    Stubar likes this.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

You can really say that about any class in EQ to be fair.

Take for instance enchanters. The really great ones can pull their weight in every facet (this includes dps and if as an enchanter you think it doesn't you are not in this level)

The mediocre ones are glorified buff/utility/mezz bots.(these ones dont deserve a spot either depending on guild roster numbers)

The bad ones just don't deserve a raid spot.
  6. Brohg Augur

I find that there's substantial plateaus for most classes. A great wizard, for instance, will do better than good wizards, will do better than got-the-basics wizards, but none of those steps is night & day.

Enchanter is a great example, though, of another class that does scale well all along the skill range.
  7. kizant Augur

Yeah the difference between an average BL and a good one is pretty huge. It's like two different classes.
  8. Regazozo Journeyman

Beastlord overall is a very strong class. Great for grouping and soloing/moloing. Difficult to play to full potential. You have to keep your melee, nukes, & dots going constantly, you have to manage your mana and mana recovery abilities they chew through it so fast(this also means keeping on top of your gift of mana procs and using them correctly), manage the pet while keeping it alive(not always easy in EOK raids with massive AOE's), lots of cool downs both offensive and defensive for both you and the pet. It requires a good amount of multitasking and is more than most players want to deal with, but if you can master this, it's a class that can do just about everything. :)
    Brohg likes this.
  9. Stubar Augur

That sure is a nice belt.

The "Legend" lives on.
  10. Regazozo Journeyman

Tikas + pets 179050k@183641sdps (186510dps in 960s)

My Overall Prince parse from last night. Normally I am a little over 200k I miss timed a few things because I wasn't paying enough attention and ended up wasting a good portion of a few burns... its prince don't judge me to hard :p

Tikas + pets 14142k@642841sdps (642841dps in 22s)

This is one of the only burns I can find in my parse, I clear my logs pretty regularly. I have seen 980k bursts going 100% ham, this was with an A dps group, and you don't normally want to do that but every now and again its fun to what you can do.
    Symbius and kizant like this.
  11. kizant Augur

Hopefully some other beasts read this thread and realize they too can be a good dps class.
    Phrovo1 likes this.
  12. Eriadoc Elder

Is there a good site for BST resources? I started a heroic and am learning how to play BST. I'm the type of player that likes to figure out all the ins and outs, so I'll get it all eventually, but it would be nice to have some headstart pointers. It's a lot to pick up all at once.

TIA.
  13. Waldagar Augur

Eriadoc likes this.
  14. Eriadoc Elder