Stat Consolidation and You: May 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makavien Augur

Not really avoidance is pretty huge and Heroic dex was more avoidance up until 2 expansions ago .In my opinion those tanks that chose Heroic dex chose right since Avoidance>Mitigation>hp and it makes no sense the way they are changing it since agil gave ac +dodge modifier and dex gave block parry and riposte . Apparantly you have no idea how huge of an increase 1 avoidance was before the caps were maxed Riou.
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

Or just go flag every faction in game to worth with it instead of the few expansions it does work, and then make factions matter in new content somehow.

It does work, but a faction has to be flagged for it, and they stopped doing it for some reason (and its been awhile since we even had factions that were real rather than flavor).

It currently works on:

Most of the factions that make use of heroic charisma are from SoF and SoD.

For reference, the following factions do make use of heroic charisma to scale your gains/losses:
    Castle Rulnavis
    Castle Tamrel
    The Borrowers
    Bertoxxulous' Chosen
    Camp Valor
    Ladies of the Light
    Loyalists of Kerafyrm
    Crusaders of Veeshan
    Brownie Rebels
    Ak'Anon Strike Force V
    Fang Breakers
    The Fallen
    Ancestors of the Crypt
    Minions of Meldrath
    Bloodmoon Were-Orcs
    Darkvine Villagers
    Wind Nymphs
    Guardian Defense Forces
    Residents of the Glade
    Bayle's Irregulars
    Plaguebringer Parishioners
    Blackburrow Gnolls
    Darkpaw Gnolls
    Army of Light
    Thaulen Teir'Duuren
    Kithicor Irregulars
    Prisoners of the Dark Elves
    Discordant Agents
    Dragorn Forces
    Discordant Army
    Toskirakk Slaves
    Toskirakk Slavers
    Rallosian Guards
    Toskirakk Merchants
    Rathe Council
    Rallosian Invaders
    Rathe Living Heaps
    Rathe Council Defenders
    Darkhammer Dwarves
    Primal Crystallines
    Oceangreen Residents
    Cirtan, Bayle's Herald
    Silla Herald
    Tynoc, Herald of Scale
    Mitius, Herald of Change
    Herald Argoth
    Herald of Druzzil Ro
    Ancient Blackburrow Gnolls
    Sebilisian Empire
    Discordant Armies
    King Naythox Thex Loyalists
    Queen Cristanos Thex Loyalists

Of those factions the following offer a 'bonus reaction' based on your total:
    The Borrowers
    Loyalists of Kerafyrm
    The Fallen
    Ancestors of the Crypt
    Minions of Meldrath
    Bloodmoon Were-Orcs
    Darkvine Villagers
    Wind Nymphs
    Guardian Defense Forces
    Residents of the Glade
    Bayle's Irregulars
    Plaguebringer Parishioners
    Blackburrow Gnolls
    Darkpaw Gnolls
    Army of Light
    Thaulen Teir'Duuren
    Kithicor Irregulars
    Prisoners of the Dark Elves
    Discordant Agents
    Dragorn Forces
    Discordant Army
    Toskirakk Slaves
    Toskirakk Slavers
    Rallosian Guards
    Toskirakk Merchants
    Rathe Council
    Rallosian Invaders
    Rathe Living Heaps
    Rathe Council Defenders
    Darkhammer Dwarves
    Primal Crystallines
    Oceangreen Residents
    Ancient Blackburrow Gnolls
    Sebilisian Empire
    Discordant Armies
    King Naythox Thex Loyalists
    Queen Cristanos Thex Loyalists
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Abazzagorath Augur

Um, slightly off topic, but calling BS on you. Your 85 heroic ranger does NOT have 400 in all heroics. That is blatantly impossible.

You don't get to 400+ in all until TBM level 105 gear. You can get to a couple over 400+ in cotf raid gear, and a maybe one more than that in TDS raid gear. I have plenty of raid geared alts without prior to this expansion and they aren't as high in heroics as you just claimed.
  4. Lenowill Augur

I would be on board with this too, though I'd still love for the stat to have at least some (even if niche or limited to only a few classes/roles) combat significance too.
  5. Tanols Augur

Either I am totally misunderstanding the proposed change or you are. The benefit from high HDex isn't going to change and as long as you have 399 HAgil your mod 2 avoidance won't change. And they are proposing that mod 2 Avoidance cap will scale up to 250 @ 4000 HAgil. I went almost exclusively HDex (berserker) and still have 799 HStr 800 HSta 728 HAgil 490 HWis 483 HInt 1246 HDex so if im understanding the changes correctly I am going to be slightly over current caps in all mod 2s and will see biggest gain in Accuracy and CE. Can easily change up a few type 5 augs and significantly alter any of those stats. The real question here is what is going to have the biggest bang for the buck a few mod 2 Avoidance gains from going all HAgil or bonuses to parry riposte from high HDex

much to my dismay your absolutely correct i was looking at displayed stats :/
  6. shadowgod Augur

Full TBM raid gear with slot 5s you will have 600 + in every category with one over 1300 if you use 32-40 ones. Full TBM Group gear is 259-265 with one over 700 using +32 ones for the stat you want.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. shadowgod Augur

You still wouldn't hit +400 in them all in group gear using the +16 to all heroic slot 5. You would come in around 336 before ac augs that have heroics.
  8. Tanols Augur

From a dps point of view I'm curious as to whether mobs defensive will require a strikethrough score higher than 35 to hit mob every time. WTF use is 200 Accuracy if your "hit" cant penetrate mob defensive checks. I've never been that much of a technician and leave the number crunching/formulae understanding to others and pray they share their knowlege. My fear is DBs goal is to set things up so that a balanced approach to heroics is what is most beneficial rather than current state of going all in on a single stat.

I will however stand by my opinion that its not worth moaning and groaning over all the time spent in the past to farm a few type 7/8 augs. Is anyone really using any they acquired prior to RoF, with possibly a few rare exceptions? Point is every few years you exchange out a few augs. No matter what they all have a limited shelf life as long as better ones are put into the game every expansion. Current type 5s that drop are a different story but still should be plenty that are relatively inexpensive in Bazaar or who knows you might get lucky if you have to do a few tasks to farm up more coinage to pay for bought ones.
  9. snailish Augur

I said this somewhere else, but would like to say it on official forums too:

Good job!

I'm highly in favor of this.

One of the biggest barriers to people returning the the live game is the complexity of the game, one aspect of which is the incomprehensible item/character sheet. People that have played the game all along may lose sight of just how much has been added to the overall game since PoP.

The fact that they have incorporated this as a passive increase into the heroic stat system with room to grow over the next few expansions is good news on several fronts. It's nice to see them trying to plan ahead.

Next steps:

-more AA consolidation

-spell/ability bloat dealt with including retuning some classes back to a purer form (i.e., less classes able to crowd control comes to mind) and in some cases refined retroactively (i.e., if necro aren't going to be able to mez 60+ content why leave "screaming terror" in the game). Less spells and abilities overall... if this means giving the level 30 nuke at level 20 and not giving a new nuke until level 40... so be it.

-clean up focus effects and tribute effects (either remove entirely, make into AA or a combo of the two).

Overall goal: Less stats and hotkeys to worry about.
  10. Sindaiann Augur

Lol wasnt really the point of the post. But yes, situational as you know.
  11. Forsaken_Ruler Journeyman

As more classes continue to get their DoTs revamped, we/they are eager to test them out and in general happy with this new boost :] ... But, focusing on one of the main intents first mentioned by you, I'm forced to ask .....

How is this solving the problem of buff slots on mobs for Necromancers, who are currently being completely left out of this update while every othe DoT casting class is trying to force their new revamped DoTs into the mix. As it stands right now, every update is only building on the DoT/Buff slot problem that you claim to be fixing.

You might just be causing more DoTs to be casted by non DoT based classes, than you condense in the Necromancer line. That is, if you are ever really going to revamp/buff the Necromancer before only 1 can be used on a raid given the shrinking available buff slots with every revamp that inspires more classes to cast revamped DoTS.

I do not mean to sound hostile, but i do wish to emphasize the contradictory of patch preview / promises vs actions , and order of actions being taken.

Thanks for your time and many years of gameplay.
  12. Vrinda Augur

First, I don't believe they're trying to solve the problem of debuff slots on mobs for necros. Every nerf necros have suffered over the last several years has had the effect of driving more from the game, not toward getting their problems solved.

Classes that have traditionally not cast DoTs on raids (because the dps was minimal, at best) will stop casting them post-revamp once they figure out that's why they're getting summoned and flattened after a few ticks. Many classes no longer have the ability to adequately decrease aggro on a red con raid mob to "control your aggro." You can stop nuking, you can stop healing, you can stop meleeing. Once that DoT is on the mob, every tick just keeps on giving.
  13. Daze Journeyman

Hmm, a long time ago I was told that Charisma affected your chance of a DI firing (as a warrior, recipient of such a blessing) does this work with hCha?
    secondly the guy with the level 85 with 400 heroics in each, can you please go play with magelo and post a link, i'd LOVE to see it as i have a walking corpse 85 Ranger myself
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

Not sure why that matters. You don't need 400 to reach the old caps:

Break It Down For Me

If you have 35 or more heroic Strength, you will now have 35 Damage Shield and 25 Damage Shield Mitigation.
    If you have 35 or more heroic Stamina, you will now have 35 Shielding and Stun Resistance.
    If you have 35 or more heroic Agility, you will now have 100 Avoidance and 35 Strikethrough.
    If you have 37 or more heroic Dexterity, you will now have 150 Accuracy and 100 Combat Effects.
    If the higher value of your heroic Intelligence or Wisdom is 35 or more, you will now have 35 DoT Shielding and 35 Spell Shielding.

The difference between, say, 35 hAgi and 399 hAgi is 0 with regard to avoidance and strikethrough.

It is 400-4000 range where the return scales linearly from the old cap to the new cap.
  15. Muegge New Member

Somehow this will end up as a nerf. I just know it.
    Why don't you folks fix something useful like getting rid of Begging, and Bind Wound. Those have to be the two most useless skills in the the world, and to have them cap at 500! Come on give me a break. Alcohol Tolerance is also a useless skill as after a certain point it doesn't improve. Lastly Disarm makes no sense as you can not disarm higher level mobs so what is the point.
    So how about some bigger bags for Vendors like has been talked about for years. With the increased amount of junk that need to be sold we need bigger bags. Sometimes I wonder why I still play this game.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  16. Aurmoon Augur

Can you please clarify if the mod 2 conversions? For example, if a piece of gear already has +10 heroic agility and +5 avoidance, will the heroic agility be increased above +10 or will the mod 2 simply go away because the requisite HAgi already exists?
  17. Mizar Lorekeeper

As a raid geared rogue STR choice ('factor in melee damage') , 1149 HStr vs. 739 HDex, it's kind of weird I will get DS bonuses which are completely unrelated with melee dealing bonuses.

As dps classes usually go for either STR or DEX I'd give both the same ACC/CE bonus (whatever is higher, like WIS/INT).
    As for DS mods, they are pretty much irrelevant, can either wipe them completely from game or add them to any 'tanking expected' stat, like HSta or HAgi
  18. Hiladdar Augur

While you are editing the stat tab of the inventory screen. Armor and weapons has a bonus to attack rating. In the "Skill Damage Mod" section could it be possible to list current attack mod vs the max possible attack mod based on AA the avatar has, sorta like "Attack 452/700"

Finally, how are summoned pets going to be handled, and how are pet focuses going to be handled. My concern is that currently pets summoned where a pet owner has a pet focus, will have an item with a number of secondary stats on it that the pet wears. Will this item be modified and tested to ensure that the pets tanking ability and DPS remains the same, neither increased nor decreased post this change?

Also the scope of this change, is large enough, that I extending by not less then one week, the period this change resides on the test server prior to it being rolled out to the main servers, to ensure that stuff is not inadvertently broken.
  19. Tadenea Augur

+10 hAgi on item is already higher then what +5 Avoid would give so just the Mod2 will go away no additional hAgi will be given
    I believe +5 Avoid would give 2 hAgi if item had 0 hagi (rounding)
  20. Zunar Augur

For accuracy and combat effect mods, how about lumping Hstr+Hdex together and divide by 2?
    Seems most fair to me. That way you're not forced to focus on only either one of the two.
    Yinla and Kohnn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.