Stat Consolidation and You: May 2016 Patch Preview

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derd Augur

What? That is almost as confusing as the chanters posting in the wrong thread.
  2. maibesow New Member

ummmmmmm....... soooooooo......

the mage created pet items.... the ones with... strikethrough, avoidance, etc.... are they going to gain comperable heroic stats to maintain their effects, or are they going to go.... bleh....?

like, the belt, the bp, etc, etc, which included damage mitigation, and spell damage mitigation which.... actually DO have an impact....
  3. Lorewood Lorekeeper

I think that is kind of the point here. I pretty sure we lost the people that really understood the stats and this is a way to simple it down for our new dev team. I have never been a fan of the heroics it just added a complexity that wasn't needed and if i recall that was because of some coding issues with some hard coded limits in the original game code but as in all rumors it could have just been that.
  4. Kunon Augur

I found the misconception. You are confusing your base stats with Heroics. They are somewhat different.

The changes are to the mod2s, the group of stats to the right of the pic you posted. Those will now be modified by Heroics (the + stats, such as the +227 for Strength). To reach the current mod2 stat caps (top right such as accuracy 120/150) you will only need +40 Heroics for Str, Sta, Agi and Dex. You already have the +40 you need to max all your mod2s to their current caps after the patch and will actually gain (and max) in avoidance and and accuracy due to the changes.

The patch will not change or affect your base stats or your base stat caps (currently capped at 720) in anyway.

Helpful advice? Focus entirely on HDex augs. Even before this upcoming patch it has been parsed over and over again that HDex will yield higher DPS than HStr for melee. It is a common and widespread misconception of bad information that just wont die that anyone should focus on HStr. Even the Devs are acknowledging this by how they are having the mod2s effected by each Heroic. After this patch there will be a further if marginal increase to the benefits of HDex over HStr.

My good deed for the week is done. Time to go troll the TLPers.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This change will remove the need to worry about balancing 10 stats on every piece of gear (though can add some more thought to heroics) so it ill mean less time is needed for each item they make. You talk about complexity but this change will help remove stats that where easy to max out and will actually make it possible to raise the stat again.
  6. MrMajestykx Augur

so DBG what you have done is, as Zigie kind of touched on in his post, is rendered Hstr useless. Really think about it, any melee who based their lineup on it will not touch it now, btw BIG thank you from all of us that you just swung the nerf hammer on and have to change out augs, we appreciate that, no self respecting tank is gonna go after anything hstr related, no caster is gonna use it , so exactly why is the Supreme Ruling Board of DBG keeping it as an active stat?
  7. Triconix Augur

If people were choosing Hstr before the change, they were self imposing nerfs/limitations on themselves already. It's their fault for not listening to countless parses and threads reporting that hdex gave better returns.

Hsta still has its perks, it's just not as good as others.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  8. MrMajestykx Augur

DID you see any of the parses?? I assure you that many Hstr melee were parsing with or better then hdex so your logic there is a bit faulty, forecoming changes not withstanding. I dont want to open a can of worms per say or peeve anyone off without prior approval but I could drop a DOZEN names here that would disagree with your assessment there on parses.
  9. MrMajestykx Augur

also, my post wasnt to revisit the continuing saga between dex and str. my POINT was why they are taking a usually MELEE type stat and rendering it moot with something that has NOTHING to do with dps, I dont care if it rates over dex stuff or not
  10. Hellboy007 Augur

This new system just makes TBM group gear so much easier.. Tank? just go 100% AC augs. Caster just go 100% mana aug. both cases will always be maxed on Mod2s where before you probably where not even close.
  11. Hellboy007 Augur

ohh not sure if this was asked and answered already.

will current gear that has mod2s have their heroics increase based on the conversion formula?
  12. Brudal Augur

From the 5/9 test notes:

so if it has heroic at all, it likely will not change shy of maybe 1 or 2 specific items.
  13. Dolamight New Member

I would like to see a new more androgynous race in EQ for those who feel less gender specific. You could call this new race Katlinjenner and it would be able to use either bathroom in PoK!

Ohh and fix Necros! Seems like you broke necros and then started fixing everything but necros! What next I ask? The Katlinjenner androgynous race?!? I refuse to resubscribe until you restore FTP. Or willing to try the new dot thing if you ever get around to it for the only real dot class.

Check back next month.........
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

Already exists. Called Drakkin.
    EnchFWO and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Hdex and Hstr build parses are minimally different, but with the Hdex build typically winning in most all of the 8 hour parses. Though the kind of weapons being used can change that to some degree.

I will agree though that it is a huge misstep to put Damage Shield Mitigation onto Hstr. IMO, Hstr should have Strikethrough instead. That or put DS and DSM on HCha, while putting all of the various +skilldmg mods on Hstr (+Kick, +FlyingKick, +TigerClaw, +Backstab, +Frenzy, +Bash, etc.) which would further clean up the item display windows and make itemization easier all around.
  16. Riou EQResource

Strikethrough is a dead stat, it should have probably been put on Heroic Dexterity to hold back its benefits some.

The amount of benefits you get from Heroic Dexterity compared to any other Heroic stat is really insane, I'm surprised the devs keep piling on more and more lol.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Not dead at all. You still need it to achieve max strikethrough; and that is even if you did waste AAs buying the higher AA ranks of Strikethough and Tactical Mastery.
  18. roth Augur

Hmm. Is the True Tears of Alaris going to remain ever so slightly better than the Tears of Alaris?
  19. RadarX Augur

For those of you who still retain the ability to post, please ensure you are staying compliant with our forum guidelines. Thanks!
    Elricvonclief and Dzarn like this.
  20. Kohnn Elder

why is heroic strength not getting paired with a melee friendly mod2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.