Starting over

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Choppinx, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Choppinx New Member

Looking to get back into everquest and starting fresh as a heroic. I was wondering is there any server that has more of a leveling population or anyone that would like to group up for the next couple of days? Planning on playing a beastlord atm but may also throw in a bard box to start.

Saw that vox was still a preferred server so I figure a lot of people get funneled into there? Bad time of the day to look in on server populations so just wanted to get some advice before I get some toons going again!
  2. Barton The Mischievous

Not sure you will find any live server with a "leveling" population best advice I know is find the server you like be proactive in finding a guild and making your own groups.
    https://eqresource.com/serverstatus.php
    You can look at the 24 hour numbers and the one week i think without a membership
    Fairly sure Vox is normally medium-low pop not sure I would recommend it.
    personally I would look at the one week numbers of each can scroll to the bottom of the page and get a look at percentage spent at high medium and low population by time

For example BB one week
    "High Count: 859 (85.22%) - Estimated Time: 5d 23h 10m
    Medium Count: 75 (7.44%) - Estimated Time: 12h 30m
    Low Count: 10 (0.99%) - Estimated Time: 1h 40m
    Total Uptime Count: 944 (93.65%) - Estimated Time: 6d 13h 20m
    Locked Count: 57 (5.65%) - Estimated Time: 9h 30m
    Down Count: 0
    Total Downtime Count: 57 (5.65%) - Estimated Time: 9h 30m
    Estimated Times Server Locked or Went Down: 2
    Status Error Count: 7 (0.69%) - Estimated Time: 1h 10m"

EDIT: Spelling and added data
    Riou likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Some people suggest the Test server.

I don't think "preferred" indicates anything on servers anymore. Example FV is "preferred roleplay" but no one does. Vox is listed too as they are a "new player server" but every time I log in there it dead. Like 4 people in POK

Bristle bane has a high population. Xegony has a very popular guild. Tunare has mellow players that help in chat a lot.

I would make a level 1 character on any server, go thru the tutorial and get an idea of how the game is played nowdays. At least do the NPC quests around the middle of Gloomingdeep. That will take all of 30 minutes, maybe. While your doing that you can get an idea of how that server is.

Most of us do have characters on more than one server. The trick is to find your ideal server before you get to be too high of a level to leave the one you don't like.

Keep in mind if your making free account you will be severely hog tied by not having access to general chat.

If you jump in and make a heroic be ready to slog thru about 3-4000 AA and a ton of spells give to you all at once. And you still won't be able to play in Feerrott which is the level 85 "start" zone for heroics right off the bat. Usually have to step back a zone or 2 or go the the yard at the House and do snakes and dogs.

WB...we usually suggest everyone try and recover their old accounts to get the Loyalty Tokens etc. All 14 years worth of Veteran AA are given to every character now when they are created.
    Choppinx likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Sub an account for a month. Try TLP and a few live servers. Get a feel for the TLP style and see how active general channel and POK is. Pick a server you like, then plant your heroic there, find someone doing hunter and tag along.

The game is FTP now so if you start at the tutorial, and want to box, you can box a mage with your BST.
  5. apewty New Member

I can tell you, I've played on Vox and FV as well as Aradune and Rizlona. Finding lower level people will take work. Many lower level people are boxing or moloing, particularly on live servers, and don't group as much. You really just need to find one or two like minded people and then stay together as much as you can if you get along.

FWIW, I think I will be running Rizlona for a while. Boxing a Shadowknight and shaman duo but would gladly group up with others. Or, maybe make a new character for grouping and only play that one with other people so that I can play my boxes when no one is available.