starting on agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Name Police, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Name Police New Member

hello,

i am getting ready to relive the glory days and start up on agnarr and i have a few questions.

what is the new player population like? any classes under represented or highly sought out?

i mained monk, sk, and cleric on prior servers. i would think about phinny, but i think i would be too far behind

thanks
  2. Darchias Augur

Druid mains are pretty rare, though it seems like everyone and their mother has a druid box. Wizards and Paladins are pretty rare, though for good reason to be fair. These classes are also not in incredibly high demand, however, so this is only really a factor if you want to join a raiding guild or something.

Honestly? You might be better served making a farming or money-making main like Necro or Druid, then go Beastlord in February. If you get enough money to gear him halfway decently at least you won't be incredibly behind most people.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  3. TheRealDeal Journeyman

i wouldn't the server goes down every week
  4. Crayon123 Augur

Pretty solid advice actually. However, keep in mind beastlords are pretty mediocre dps throughout Luclin, they get better in PoP though if you don't mind waiting.
  5. Angrif Lorekeeper

I'm always of the "play what you want" mentality. Especially if you want a casual playstyle. If you want to hardcore raid, that may impact your The population still seems strong although it's mostly in velious at the moment. You can still find groups in the prime xp spots like Unrest and Guk and Seb before heading to velious. I am in a casual guild that raids twice a week and I almost exclusively group within the guild but we have a lot of clerics and druids. Only 3 active wizards and only one main bard, one main SK and only two main paladins as well. For us, we have 4 main warriors and like 5 or 6 main clerics.

So from what I see, Paladins, Bards and Wizards, SKs are fairly uncommon, bards probably the most so. We have less main druids now than we used to, druid boxes are super common. Necro's aren't super rare but they seem like it because they really appeal to people that don't really want to group. We have 3 or so main necros but only one really enjoys grouping and raiding.
  6. Yruc Augur

I play on Agnarr currently. Hardly ever see any paladins. Constantly see groups looking for tanks...

If you want to play the current least popular class, login to the server and join all the class channels. It will give you an idea of the current class numbers # (not all peeps are in the class channels but most are) and then you can pick the one with the smallest number..

Right now with the xp bonus going on people are leveling alts so it would be a good time to start.
  7. koook Elder

I don't think any other server is easier to find groups at low levels. With the low cap you'll probably see new players all the time, and a lot of players starting alts who have reached the cap.
  8. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Tanks, Clerics, and Enchanters will always be sought for groups and youll never have an issue finding them on those classes.

Beyond that the best advice anyone can give you is make a class capable of farming first. You'll always have the ability to just go solo for a bit and make some progress if you can't find a group. With the increased exp rate here it won't take long to level up what you want to play long term anyways.
  9. gointomexico New Member

I saw your post, and left the forums to try aganaar. exp is so fast it barely maters which class you choose, cus you can just choose another one if you get tired of it.

There are paladins, i have grouped with a few in the week i leveled to 60. They are wearing that barbed chain so they look like rangers. Rarely see warriors. Most of the groups we had a monk tank, haha! the world is crazy now.
  10. gointomexico New Member

Forgot to add, warriors and wizards seem to be the rarest classes on the server. but, ive only been on here for about a month.
  11. Alekzandre Augur

"Most of the groups we had a monk tank, haha! the world is crazy now. "

Back in the day Monks could Tank very well, they were nerfed due to much complaining.

I used to tank DL xp groups with my Ranger when we did not have a tank. I had no isues with holding agro and was (per the clerics) fairly easy to heal. This was back in Kunark days.
  12. Johnwick Augur

Low Population Classes:
    Warriors
    Rogue
    Cleric
    Wizard
    Bard

High Population Classes:
    ShadowKnight
    Mage
    Enchanter
    Monk