Starting new, what class?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lucious, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Lucious New Member

With the new server coming what is the best DPS class to play , but not wait hours for groups? Sorry been a Long time since i played, returning vet.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's not even close monks are the best dps it's broke. There's a reason you won't see rogues until a week before kunark. Spoiler alert. .. the monks will still parse higher.

On agnarr right now a guild with purely monk dps would probably be amazing... plus they would never need kei!

Ps... don't play a wizard in classic.
  3. Tymeless Augur

play what is fun for you but yes there are some dps classes that do better than others like enchanter.
  4. Remnant New Member

If they don't fix mages pets now its gonna be a trainwreck of noob mages from the getgo lol
  5. snailish Augur

Best way to not wait for groups is get in a decent guild.

Don't fall behind the core population.

Start the groups yourself.

DPS has been the least-needed thing the past few progression servers in the pick-up-group game as lots of people seem to be playing DPS.

Best bet is play something you know you like, irregardless of the role.

Most of the above advice I have failed to do myself on Phinny & Agnarr... maybe that's why my limited playtime DPS characters are behind...
  6. BearmanSW Elder

Monks are by far the best, but rogues aren't exactly slouches.
    Groups don't mind rogues, and don't be surprised if they have you pull.

Also, when raiding, there are hardly ever rogues, so you get all the rogue loot for pennies on the dollar!
  7. Zansobar Augur

Monks are completely broken on the TLP servers. Like has been said if you want a melee DPS roll a monk and don't look back.
  8. Bailen Augur

that's interesting. it doesn't seem like there are especially many monks here on Agnarr.
    Risiko likes this.
  9. MaxTheLion Augur

Agnarr's setup targets the nostalgia seekers. They are more likely to play a class they think they'll enjoy rather than try to min/max. Different environments.
  10. Juzam Djinn Elder

A Geared Monk ( on TLP) can solo just as well if not better than a necro when it comes to named mobs. If you cant beat em join em. I did: and loving every minute. Top DPS & a great puller. You will always be wanted in groups and on raids.
  11. Risiko Augur

Wow there's a lot of lies in this thread.
  12. malaki Augur

Sure, but a geared monk being able to solo as well/better than casters isn't one of them.
  13. Juzam Djinn Elder

I was surprised myself at first but it came to the point of why put so much effort ( and frustration) into a Int caster when you can do it better as a mele.
    What I do not see any more at all is

1) You cannot cast spells while stunned
    2) You cannot cast spells while Silenced
    3) Your Spell has been resisted

Mele has received big boosts in dps and(Most) Raid mob mitigation is a thing of the past while spells still get resisted.

Does not seem right in many ways but I still want to play EQ and I am having fun as a monk while it lasts.
  14. Risiko Augur

I'll put my necro up against your monk any day on a solo contest.
  15. Juzam Djinn Elder

He is a wizard :p
  16. Poledo_EQ Elder

I'm doing a mage on Agnar right now and it's pretty awesome.
  17. Juzam Djinn Elder

If you dont have a ton of time to devote. I would do Necro they are the most self sufficient