Starting Mage Epic on Mangler

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sauro, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Sauro New Member

I am looking to start getting the stuff I need for this quest can anyone link me to a good guide? Do I just google Mage Epic Everquest 1.0 and follow the steps?
  2. Ruggar Lorekeeper

I generally just is the p99 wiki for epic quest the are laiad out well and easy to understand. Since you are on mangler there may be pieces that you can't do.

Thing you can do now is get the focus item from najena
    Sky Crown
    Elemental binder from hole.
    Phinny Staff
    Hate staff

I am sure there are other bit you can do but with all of the expac locking they have been doing I can't tell you what.
  3. Fluid Augur

Mangler is still on first stage expansion now isn't it?

You have to have as a minimum now The Broom of Trilon and Shovel of Ponz. You can do the the other two, Torch of Alna & Stein of Ulissa just so you can have all the pet focus items available at the lower levels. You will spend crazy time farming Najena for the four first level quest items [stein, broom, shovel, torch], and the four pages of Mastery. Finish the first four focus items and save the pages for later. Only the items from Najena work for focus. They can be distinguished from the mundane items because they weigh one stone while the mundane weigh 1/2 stone.

As Ruggar says, I don't think you can finish the Epic until PoP expansion. You need to go to Plane of Sky and Plane of Hate.

I'm also not sure when they will make it able to complete all the Staff of Elemental: Yada Yada Yada. and if they will have the work arounds for Phinny spawns to make them doable. I think for some of the drops, PoP again. Ditto for drops in the Burning Woods which is a Kunark expansion.

Some of the stuff you need like the Pegasus Feather Cloak are going to be the real time sinks. All the guides about farming it are overly optimistic. They talk about killing quest NPCs in SK that are on a timer but they usually don't mention there are a dozen place holders for a dozen quests that are on that same timer! Spend 40 hours killing the wrong one and a named you weren't looking for pops, start over. Also competition for the quest NPC Quillane is incredible. Clicky cloak with unlimited charges that anyone can use and lets you fly.

Opinion rather then rule: Do your first four focus items and save pages that drop for later. That should keep you busy for a while. Next stage is get the drops that will eventually be needed for Staffs available in Kedge Keep<Undertow & Phinny>. and Magi P'Tasa in City of Mist. Bottle neck will be Quillmane so see if you can get that done. Lots of the other junk, like Elemental Binder can be had as a common drop off elementals in The Hole, Gargoyle Eye from Unrest or OOT, that kind of stuff. Those type of things are so easy to get II wouldn't waste bank space on them waiting for the expansions.

I'm also unclear on things like the locked doors in The City of Mist. If they are like current versions on live, you will have to bring a Rogue or Bard along with high lock picking skills: ONLY way to gain access to the named.
  4. Phiyre Augur

5. Ruggar Lorekeeper

When I said "Since you are on mangler there may be pieces that you can't do." I was referring to certain drops not dropping until Kunark, they have made several changes over the past few patch cycles to lock epic pieces to in era.

POP has nothing to do with epics... The Epic pieces drop from Hate which is a classic zone.
  6. Fluid Augur

Right, if you have a pocket Wizard available. I was mind numbed by access through Plane of Tranquility or maybe Guild Hall. :)
  7. howitz Journeyman

Quillmane can be the monster, it wouldn't be so bad if it dropped the cloak every time but I've had runs on other servers where you can kill it 5 times in a row and just the legs drop.
    You also need trackers and a bard for the speed to get to it first is handy, ksers are everywhere and you will encounter wizards and enchanters who somehow have the ability to track ;)
  8. Phiyre Augur

Curious if it's still a thing. Back in the day (99-00) you could run a certain program that showed you mobs in the zone, their location AND the loot they were holding. Helped many farmers know what mobs to avoid and which to pick off. Very efficient. I never did nor would use a program like that. Several folks I knew swore by it though..
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Do Quillmane first. Then you will know if you have the stámina for the quest :)
    Barton and Ruggar like this.