Started a new Mage on Mischief...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sakuraba, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Sakuraba Augur

I said I wasn't going to consider it till the new servers were announced but I got curious so rolled a mage on Mischief. Are there any items I should look out for as I grind up to 70+?
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Nope all you need is your OP pet :)
    Sakuraba likes this.
  3. Kahna Augur

There are a pair of vendors in PoK, near the loyalty vendor, who sell the non-visible defiant pieces. You will be leveling too quickly for the most part but you can get pet focus items from that vendor, which will help. I would only grab the focus item though. Your merc and pet can do most of the heavy lifting.
    Sakuraba likes this.
  4. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Till 70 you just needed the journeyman merc who slaps all mobs silly most of the time?
  5. Sakuraba Augur

Thanks, kind of figured that might be the case based on how things have gone so far. And the focus items were what I was thinking of lol.
  6. kain200 Augur

Only problem with the gear on that vendor is that it is level gated in a strange way. You won't even see the items until you're like 5 levels or so after you could equip it. That's really annoying when you need an upgrade.

I wouldn't even bother with the first few tiers but maybe when you're up to a level where you can wear flawed or ornate you might want to see if you can find someone to buy the pieces for you. I think ornate can be equipped at about level 28 and flawed at 37. The base stats will be scaled down because of the "rec" level but the heroic stats (mostly) and the focus effects will work from the get go.
    Sakuraba likes this.
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

If he was going to be playing there for a long time, and the possibility of alts also in the future, purchasing them for that inevitability makes sense though.