Start the game now ?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Anathel, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Anathel New Member

Hi guys,

I'm very interested in everquest but i'm wondering if we can really start this game now ? I'm a total newbie and i'm afraid of being lost in this vast game because i didn't start earlier and the game has already a few years.

Thanks for your answers :).
  2. RekMMO Lorekeeper

I suggest you find out for yourself. Try the tutorial zone to learn the basics. After that do the Hero's Journey questline. That can take you to around level 80. A tank mercenary (hired NPC) will help out a lot. Once you're in-game, type the command /join general. That will put you in the server-wide chat where you can ask questions and find a helpful guild.

If you really get into the game, you'll be fine. If you have experience with other MMO's, that's even better. Don't be afraid to ask people how you can improve once you start grouping. A player that gets to know how their class works best will develop a reputation as a good group-mate.
  3. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

The first thing I though of was:

[IMG]

The instruction book is scattered among ancient patch notes and defunct web forums, etc.

But on the other hand, they did make the tutorial to get people started and there are plenty of helpful people who would love to help out a newbie, so it's definitely something you could do IF you're not shy about asking for help.
  4. Anathel New Member

Thanks you very much for your quick anwers.

I think i'm going to follow your advices, i'm going to do quests and ask people in game a few advices :)
    A last question, is it better to start on a Progression Server ?
  5. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

A progression server would probably be better, but a regular server would be a good choice depending on your eventual preferences.

I'd suggest sticking to free-to-play until you know you like the game.
  6. Draconic Journeyman

Hello Anathel,

You can always join us over on Trakanon! Progression X is a casual progression raiding guild currently in PoP (lvl cap of 65) we are working out way through each expansion and having a fun time grouping/exploring with each other.

Check us out at our forums, send me a PM here or /tell Draconic, Burp, Raynard, or Nemo in game for more information!
  7. ntellect Augur

From experience, I started first time ever 1 month ago. The new mechanics can make EQ very WoW-like IF you want it. Im on normal server Vox. Was on Filly but time locked.servers dont have the ability to use mercs.

If you have played an MMO in the past you will be right at home. Note that EQ is a challenging game and harks back to a time when you could do what you want. Can be considered overwhelming to some.

I've personally been loving it
  8. Kaldien New Member

My super serious personal opinion?

Unless on a progression server, No.

F2P can't log into progression servers, either, so that makes the game all the more unattractive to start from scratch.

EQ2 might be a better choice, if your computer can handle it.
  9. Numzan Augur

Its free, silver allows you so much time to learn the game to raiding levels.
    Enjoy your game :)