Staggering amount of AFK bots on FV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by VetMonkEq, Jul 11, 2019.

1. tyrantula Elder

Just transferred a character from Bertox today. Indigenous Mephit Meat and bloods are fairly uncommon drop from mephits - there were multiple vendors with 10k+ each... on my home server of FV, there's maybe one or two vendors with less than a hundred.

I think botting on other servers is much more prevalent.
  2. Graves Elder

Were they suspended for the training or because the proof of botting they posted showed they were using the software that shall not be named?
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

What should the game devs say? They don't handle these issues. All their silence says is that they do not handle in game issues such as bots. It's like saying the the silence of the IT guy at your credit card company says volumes about some complaint you have about an invalid charge.
  4. Tutankamen Augur

I don't even care if people bot, as long as they don't do it in good camps. Aside from that they keep the bazaar stocked. I saw a bot ARMY of 20+ people in Sathir's Tomb the other day, totally mechanized. Taking the only good camp there, and with no need to ever take breaks or log out, they had essentially taken over the zone in a semi-permanent state. That's not ok. If you wanna bot like that do it in some secluded area no one ever goes to, so you don't interfere with living players games.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

Except when botting is allowed at "bad camps", it never stays that way, it eventually moves on to be more and more disruptive.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Micker Augur

That's a person(persons) who charge for p leveling. They run it 24/7 and I think they have people take shifts. It does suck that one of the best exp spots in the game is perma taken, there is another p leveler who does the same in another area in ST. Guess if you camped there, they would have to share the spawns? Too bad it wasn't able to be instanced.
    Tutankamen likes this.
  7. Intenso Augur

no it was the boting who posted a video of himself being trained with software loaded showing ldr on players and he still got the trainer suspended
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

The same on AB. Perhaps the same guy. He meanwhile convinced his new guild to be redeemed while still botting in lower zones now. DGB did nothing against the botter on AB. His toons permabotted Revamped Nagafen a couple weeks ago. He abuses names of several wellknown players. His traders had after that around 6+ Ancient Cloaks for 2 Mill on trade (whoever buys it for that price). Only solution: Go to a different /pick, if you don't waste your time in messing their bots up or make your own bot-crew with a kill switch for their bots... it seems this is the new way to go for financing the gold status for free :confused:

At least he seems not to KS anymore - but I avoid the zones he is in since quite a time, so no clue about others having problems with him these days...
  9. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

You could probably out dps any of them by yourself. Maybe you and Killaas could team up and go mess with them? :D Only if you were bored?

I wouldn't worry about it and I will say you'd be surprised at what guild(s) are behind those characters in some of the zones you referenced and I say that knowing what guild you are in. One thing I have learned about FV in these years on the server is that alot of people have characters in multiple guilds on FV and on multiple servers.

FYI, the chardok stuff is somewhat new. I spent all of EOK as it unfolded at Queen Aide camp. Most of the time all you would have it maybe (once a week) some dude who would pull and PL to the library. He would always /tell me and say what was up...so by definition no bot there.

I will close with the observation that what you report was more of a pain when chase loot in EOK was contemporary. The cool kids and the good gear are elsewhere now.
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

The Xalgoz room is the singlular place for what you speak of. Not sure where else in ST you are referring to? The middle room next to Xalgoz room doesn't really have enough mobs. And the room over from there has the sarnaks that require EOTD to kill without alot of casualties (gonna guess a PL customer won't have EOTD).
  11. Khaliss Augur

I multibox on FV & hangout mostly in EoK zones... but I never play in AFK-mode, i mean how do you even do that LOL... & where's the fun in that?
  12. AcemoneyFV Augur

Don't be scared to pull the mob you want. I know the exact group you are talking about. I camped right next to them to finish my Shard's Hunter a few weeks back.
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It's not about fun, it's about hitting goals. These people are farming huge amounts of plat, hunting for ultra-rare items to sell, or seeking gear/augs (Whispering Midnight Enhancement anyone?) for their teams. They're just doing it in an illegal, automated way with no time or effort expended on their part, taking up the space that could be occupied by players actually at the keyboard and interested in playing the game.
    Duder, Axxius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Go in the empty pick like I do. I have my little niche at zone in ST and no one ever bothers me...I could go in the Xalgoz room(of the other empty pick) but why? Unless I was a PLer myself. For an aug that EVERYONE on FV probably has for all 15 of their alts?
  15. Coagagin Guild house cat

Sounds like pirates complaining about pirates acting badly.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

It wasn't much of a secret a year ago and it certainly isn't now. There's only so often you can name-change your main [sic] and using a different "sales rep" to spam general with WTS PL 80-110 and AAs PST doesn't hide very much. What might surprise you, on the other hand, is the amount of Kronos/coin/raid gear that changes hands internally because people are happy to pay others to do Hunters and progression for them or grind their trade skills to 350.

FV has always had an extremely strange atmosphere when it came to raiding guilds.
    There are at least 5 people who have multiple characters in the four guilds on the server who have beaten at least one TBL event and haven't imploded yet. That's not including those who raid primarily elsewhere and vacation on FV for a few hours a week.
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Most of the "customers" believe that the PL services happen as the result of isboxalot action(which is allowed). Some observation(s) might point to another solution...heh. But even there the impact is to one zone and roughly 1/2 of the useful part of that zone. I can get what I want out of ST without being impacted by that group....perhaps I can just leave it at that. I should disclaim that I'm not smart enough to figure out isboxalot let alone anything more complicated and less legal...lol

Nothing surprises me about kronos as a medium of payment on FV and I'm not bothered by it in the least. Just a different part of the server money supply. The whole calculus of trading time\money for something in or out of game is ongoing and actually is an indicator of the relative good health of the game. It all washes out in the end. If you dont know what you are doing in eq...well, you dont know what you are doing and no amount of "push" from real world conversion of compensation for work there into a game to compensate for time not spent there will help you. This also works well in games like Eve online where RMT shows up as hilarious losses on a killboard as someone who bought something with $$$, lost it because they were horribad at the game itself, ends up giving back the loot they drop to the people who know how to pvp(in the case of Eve). Karma is strange sometimes :D

The cross membership in guilds is truly fascinating as Mr. Spock would say. I wonder if people in guild X know how their group is tied to 1 to 2 of the "suspects" being discussed here? I'm laid back by nature so I'm not so excitable as some to lay bare those curious relations.

More interesting is how automation is probably more prevalent in collecting mats to max tradeskills to evolve particular items. It was a shock to me to hear chatter in two separate EQ streams two years ago during EOK by members of those guilds discussing "whether their bots had accumulated enough mats to max their artisans prizes yet." I've always thought tradeskills were the debil anyway. But I understand some really like the integration of TS into gearing\itemization.
    Wdor likes this.
  18. Micker Augur

Is Is box allowed? I wanted to try it, but was worried about getting banned. Boxing 6 accounts, with alt tab, is a little much sometimes lol. Just be able to not have to switch screens all the time, to hit a hot button on one of the toons etc..
  19. Warpeace Augur

Here is my personal take on it.

It really depends who you ask to be honest. Last official word from a Daybreak employee was it was ok to use, that person no longer work there though. There has been no official statement from current management saying anything different. I don't know of ANYONE being suspended / banned for using that software. It seems to fit the requirements that the player is at the keyboard and does not insert anything into the UI.

So, long answer short use it at your own risk because its ok today but Daybreak could change their mind tomorrow and they are not going to tell you. Feels more like people are being funneled toward that program and forking over another $50 a year to play.
  20. Koryu Professional Roadkill

24 mage characters on Bristlebane active at the same time. All randomized first names, no surnames, no guild tag (they're anon, but you can check with /guildstatus), level 110 but still outfitted in heroic gear. They are scripted. They request catacombs instances from Ruined City of Dranik, clear the instance, teleport to sell their loot to a vendor, gate back to RCoD, and repeat the process 24 hours a day, every day, with 24 accounts on this server alone. That's using instancing to farm platinum in a "harmless" way, out of sight of everybody and not interfering in more current content. Just using FTP accounts to farm plat for krono/collections to use on Gold accounts whose sub time is paid for by illegal, scripted activity.

That's not accounting for the permanent bot groups in Mearatas or new Frontier Mountains or any of the other more disruptive locations listed here.

I wonder how many accounts are scripted requesting instances across all servers? I wonder how much of total instancing is being used to create zones for bot scripts instead of real players. I wonder how the heavier script-requested-instancing affects the instances of real players. I wonder how much of total server platinum income is generated on a daily basis by scripts to affect server prices of goods.

None of this automated gameplay is harmless.
    Ghubuk and Schadenfreude like this.