Stacking proc augment question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smak, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Smak Augur

2. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

As neither affects the other, (one is a result of a spell cast, the other a result of a bash in combat), I suspect you can have both.
  3. Smak Augur

not exactly, each one has the same effect, and its triggered when i cast a damaging spell.

the bash in combat would be from a furious bash shield proc.
  4. Smak Augur

5. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

Ah, in that case likely not. Or at least both could not proc at the same time, it may increase your odds of having one or the other proc perhaps - but you most likely won't get both going off at the same time.
  6. Braveheart Augur

I may be wrong, but let me pose a scenario. I'd like some proof.

Weapon_01 has a Life tap proc and a type 4 aug slot. Player places life tap proc in the Type 4 spot. Now the weapon has 2 lifetap procs..

RGN

/random 1-100 51+ yields a proc.
    /random 1 100, 1-50 = Innate proc, 51-100 results in the aug proc.
    note*: Twinproc will not make both proc, only allows the proc that triggers to double fire.

So my question. Why bother putting a similar proc on the weapon. You are still going to proc no matter what. With my understanding, it would be better to put a different type of proc, or a raw damage aug in instead. This being said, if you value the lifetap proc, you would not want to put say a DD proc aug in because this would reduce the proc chance of lifetap by 50%.
  7. Smak Augur

that may apply to weapon procs if the math is right, but this is a sympathetic proc that can trigger when any damage spell is cast to provide an additional 338 damage. and it does not take up any weapon aug slot since as an sk tankin with shield i will not be shooting arrows.