Stability AB

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Diani, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolbayn Journeyman

Raid booted few at a time 9.40 gmt , server not responding ect ect ect .. server now showing as down
  2. JolineSZ Augur

9:40 for me the server shows down. So people dom not even the the same status??? Holy disaster here.
  3. Blimpy New Member

I would tell you about the latest server crash but ...... NOBODY IS LISTENING !
    Motherlee likes this.
  4. ghilgamesh New Member

9:41pm server down !
  5. Blimpy New Member

it's a miracle ... bad word filter works !
  6. NADISNA New Member

Subscription canceld !!!
    Have a nice day :)
    Motherlee likes this.
  7. EQNoob New Member

Wow. DBG, this kind or customer service is unheard of. I don't play on AB so I haven't experienced any issues. However the way you've handled this situation on AB has made me question if I should spend my money on a subscription and the new expansions.
    Motherlee likes this.
  8. Roshen Brand Manager

The team is still working to resolve the issues with the Antonius Bayle server.

In case you missed my post (since it was a few pages ago...), please use this thread to provide additional information, to help our team work to hone in on these issues.

Information such as what zone you were in when you had an issue, and the approximate time you had the issue is helpful to our team. Any additional information you have to share can also be added in this thread.
  9. lolly Elder

This is a huge thread, I think you must have plenty of information by now.
    What would reassure people is some more details about what is being done to rectify matters.
    And if people have really been working on this problem for the past many weeks , and still can't find what's wrong, then I think there probably isn't much hope of AB server ever being stable.
    Maybe time to move people to a US server, so they can actually play the game they are paying for.
    Motherlee likes this.
  10. Hitty Augur

Heya Roshen,

I know it could piss a developer off to see so many negative statements, like it pisses gamers off to rarely get information that surely would suck time from your work.
    But some hints:
    There are plenty of people here who are also in the professional area of hardware and software or programming. If you can describe the exact view of the devs for the problem which is there at the moment then perhaps with a bit of brainstorming of "I don't know how many are here-people" solutions or new ideas would be much easier to find.

Think about it. Complains are only there because all who are really pissed love that game, regardless what they say. The more they flame, the more we want the server and our EQ back.

Think about help from this side here.... some would rather do that than get kicked in the worst moment...

my 2 cents...
    Elricvonclief, Brogett and Motherlee like this.
  11. Hitty Augur

oh btw:
    05:14 Germany time, Zone Barindu. After having a miniraid with 12+ people in the middle of rolling for loot the server kicked us.
    - no general chat possible
    - no loot distribution possible
    -> then the whole group got kicked
    - group tells ok and working while the above didnt worked

needless to say that people were pissed... lol
    Motherlee likes this.
  12. fortuneteller Augur

I think you could do yourself a big favor, and everyone else one too.

Make a post in this forum, make it sticky and so only you or some other dev can write into it. Let it reflect the status about how it is going.

Also, you need to make a post every 2 days or so, giving how it is going with the investigation, and when we can expect NeXT post.

Reason is to let let us know that you doing something, it might not be good news, but a bit of news often is worth more than nothing.
    tanith likes this.
  13. Hitty Augur

oh btw...
    realized that at the rollback it seemed that two boxes full of different Defiant Armor including some other equipment disappeared from the shared bank slot.
    That concerns me now a bit more than the crash itself and that seems to be not the first time. But this time I was sorting stuff out for the group and now all stuff packed inside is gone.
    After realizing that we checked that in the guild and everybody which has been kicked from Barindu Zone and had a rollback has lost his last pack stored in the shared slot of the bank. It seems to only happen with the shared bank account, not with the normal storage and only to the lower two shared storage boxes. Two others confirmed it. One other guy didn't lost things. It seems that all has been lost in the very specific time frame of the rollback.

You know surely that is something which pisses people more than instable server for every some hours....?

Besides that at that crash all loot was gone after relogging and the main looter couldn't distribute the loot...?

Besides did I say that nobody wanted to play any further and everybody ported back to pok to check the shared back account and confirmed it (because we made a big equipment upgrade for everybody short before that Barindu fiasco)...?

Did I mention that in that process of porting to pok some got booted again....?

That does not seem only to be a simple crash or a software instability.... that is a fiasco....
  14. Casidia Augur

"Community manager" Roshen. No apologies...no hints what's going on...no promises what they want to do to make up for that mess...too busy with party in Vegas i guess, Twitter really tells the story what matters to the "Eq Team". But taking money like Pros for TBM. It's ridiculous lol...
  15. JolineSZ Augur

Wow, the server did not crash over night, trader was still on this morning, I am speechless. First time in weeks, but I prefer it is not crashing during daytime.
    So let us see.
  16. Deillusional Augur

I would create a sticky somewhere where only devs can post to it and yourself roshen, and update the content daily, with the current status and a rough eta, even if you said something like 6th Oct 2015, We tried to reconfigure some of the servers but it had no effect. At least us customers will get to know you're at least trying to fix the problem. I know you do not want to give away any infrastructure away but we all know you have a world server and zone servers, and the character data is from flat text files. so you can at least give that part away. The clock is ticking many of the guilds are not willing to buy the expansion, it has been 5-6 weeks now how many more weeks we have to wait? If you take too long then sadly it will be byebye everquest from a european perspective.
    Yinla, Imrahil and tanith like this.
  17. Deillusional Augur

Dont hold your breath it got better during weekday last week too, and then turned to crap by the weekend.
  18. Nyane Journeyman

Roshen, you can't understand people are getting a little frustrated by now? There's plenty of information from our side, not so much from your side.
    Imrahil likes this.
  19. forbes77 Elder

20. Igniz Augur

Roshen,

as you (and also your colleagues from the technically staff in the issue tracker rightfully criticise, "the signal to noise ratio", or the feedback to rant ratio in this thread is horrible, meanwhile. Nontheless, between all hard feelings of being ignored for three weeks before ANYONE actually bothered to "acknowledge that there is a problem", there is actually a lot of potentially valuable information in this thread already, consisting of snippets from logs and dbg.txt, zoneinformation, timestamps, instancestate and so on.

I strongly recommend that you split this thread into a "Stability AB - Ranting" and a "Stability AB - Technical Feedback" thread. I am aware that this forces you (or someone from the technical staff) to actually read every single post in this monster that accumulated 650+ posts on 33 pages in more than 6 weeks (although most posts can be glanced over as they are obvious rants, which speeds the process up). But I feel like this would be a great start to facilate the communication between the player base of AB (which which you have asked to help with the diagnosis of the symptoms for the second time now). and the technical staff working on the server.

Also, if you will, please get in touch with the technicals and compile a format in which they would like to have any additional information. "Any additional information you have to share" is quite a bit vague and every player will feedback different snippets of information. What we need is a complete list of information you need, and where to get them (e.g. the dbg.txt in the \Logs directory).

At the same time, I would like to ask all members posting on the boards (myself included) to keep the feedback-thread clear of any frustrated comments and provide data in the soon(tm)-to-be-released format to help the technical staff fix our server. Vent your anger in the ranting thread instead. Also, vote for the issue on the Issue Tracker. If the dbg.txt should prove useful to the technical staff, everyone can upload their logs ther unabridged.

Lastly, indicating we "missed your post" or "didn't bother to read it" (which you insinuated, intended or not), is not very friendly. If you had bothered to read the thread, you would have noticed that it is largely the same group of players over and over again providing feedback and venting their anger for a majority of the thread. Especially considering it took you (DBG, not Roshen personally) three weeks to even start communicating with us at all and ten more days to write a second post (which is largely a reiteration of the first post only), I start to feel personally insulted and think, it's high time for an official apology, both for the horrendous amount of time you (again DBG) are not able to fix our server (for the use of which we ALL paid in ADVANCE) as well as the kind and lack of communication.

Regards
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.