Stability AB

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Diani, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AB-Muvien Elder

2 more cancelled subscription in our guild after tonights issues. Come on people fix this already!
    X1234 likes this.
  2. Kolbayn Journeyman

10.05pm gmt , two chars disconnected zoning , rebooted the game x 2 and now AB is down.
    Friend was still in the game but could not log out
  3. Diani Augur

And poof
  4. X1234 Journeyman

Just gone down AGAIN.
    Seriously, get your @~?: together, Daybreak...
  5. Hitty Augur

now In am pissed too. 23:10 Germany. Server Crash. Feels like somebody plays Serverfarm is his hobby room. Not a professional hoster....
  6. X1234 Journeyman

I think I counted 4... lol
  7. Izizizy New Member

For the first time there has been some resemblance to a pattern.

17:55 GMT - "You have been Disconnected" message (In Grand Guild Hall)
    18:55 GMT - Lag, tells taking 5 minutes to be sent (In Arx Mentis Raid Instance)
    19:55 GMT - "You have been Disconnected" message (In Arx Mentis Raid Instance)
    20:58 GMT - Incredible lag, sat for 5 minutes with the "Entering Katta Castrum" window
    22:03 GMT - "You have been Disconnected" message (In Grand Guild Hall)

Seems to be something every hour this evening!
  8. Hitty Augur

lol.... 12 accounts waiting in our group for expansion release and stability of the server and loosing life for some weeks ;)
    It seems our spouses will be happy if servers are that fu...ing bad, nobody wants to restart their accounts for sure....
  9. tanith Augur

Dear DB
    Do you know what's really interesting here?
    And should really *really* sit up and take notice?
    The people posting are not the 'usual suspects' - the people who come to forums because they want to whinge about every tweak they hate or just like chatting on forums.
    I am seeing many many people who I know have played for 10/12/more years who hardly bother the forums - they just play the game.
    And now here they are - end game raiders/veterans who have 'new member' tags because they are so upset about this, they've come here to try and get someone to take this issue seriously; to do something that's made the game in which we've all invested many hours every week for many years playable again.
    That really doesn't sound too ,much to ask
    So what are you doing about it?
    JolineSZ, X1234, Mr_Shadow and 3 others like this.
  10. Brogett Augur

It's not a DDOS, unless you call the players that. The server itself is fine and is staying up, but the network it is on just isn't up to the job and is constantly lagging or worse just mass disconnecting everyone. It did it tonight mid raid, but the raid instance was still up when we all logged back in 5 mins later.

My suspicion is that it's a drive to cheap hosting that simply isn't up to the job. Remember this server isn't run in quite the same way as the US ones.
  11. Imrahil Augur

TBH I am not even interested to know WHY it is happening, I simply want this to be fixed. If I pay for a rental car and I cannot drive it then I get my money back or I get another car. If the car rental company is not able to do that, there is no way I will continue to pay them for a car which I cannot drive.
    Most certainly I will not come back to that company to rent another car after getting such a treatment, no matter how much marketing BS they come up with.
  12. Eluwenie Augur

AB was okay for about 2 days after the last downtime, and then yesterday, just leaving the GH to get to the GL took way too long, it didn't even show a loading screen that I was going into the GL, so I had to press ctrl alt and del. I looked at my task manager and it just stopped running with EQ. Aside from that, I'm either getting "You have been disconnected" or sometimes it will tell me "This zone is unavaliable right now" and I try about 2 more times and I finally get in. I see the mercs are fixed (at least I think they are) regarding the endurance, at least mine didn't drop to zero and stay there after it died. Please get new hardware or whatever it takes for this server to remain stable, I have been a vet of this game and this server since 2002, I love EQ and I would hate to see this server which I've made many friends on over time just go down the crapper. Thank you.
  13. Elocin New Member

AB is now unplayable since weeks and we as paying customers get just your SILENCE !!!!!!!
    Allot people canceled already their accounts and they refuse to buy your new expansion, cause you dont even have enough respect to give us an answer or even tell us what kind of refund we will get for all the lost time.
    If thats the new customer support well done.
  14. bonerot New Member

criminal organization, I am speechless.
  15. PissedOff New Member

From what I've gathered from the couple days that I've re-subbed and played, this whole thing seems like a giant scam. Yeesh.
  16. JolineSZ Augur

Do what Zhay proposed. Log In at our prime time, join our raid, see what happens. I am willing to sit our for any of your Devs. If my company would have such an issue with a customer from a different country we would have had several nite shifts already.
    Then you can see on your own what is going on and do not need to ask e.g. ME about more information. I can only tell you about the symptomes, same when I bring my car to the workshop. I can tell the mechanic that my car makes funny noises like poof poof iekk, or that it start to hobble when I speed up.
    That is what 90% of people do here. Some other with more knowledge about the whole thing even post some codes here, I do not even know how to get this code.
  17. delfchen Lorekeeper

IF DB would log onto AB to prime raid time (so GMT +1 /Berlin rome etc.) there would be 3 possibilities

1: grabbing message "server is not responding" / "an error occured....".. while beeing at login (time out error)
    2: Antonius Bayle = down - just had been crashed
    3: getting into lobby or PoK just to see that they are not able to chat and get the message "You have been disconnected"

in case they try to log in half an hour earlier, it might only be fighting with loginserver ... aka known as point 1

and since this M(assivly)M(ultyplayer)O(nline)R(role)P(playing)G(ame) ... find the mistake
    yes it should be called M(assivly)M(ultiple)D(isconnect)R(ole)P(lay)G(ame) ...

well what i want to say is they can log onto the server from 10am GMT+1 to celebrate all those LD every hour .. the only thing that you can plan on WE is the "beeing kicked off of the server"
  18. Igniz Augur

The logcode provided is available in your " Everquest \ Logs \ dbg.txt"

Playing Everquest is like Minesweeper Multiplayer ... log into Everquest and wait who steps somewhere where he gets blown to only-Veeshan-knows-where (Charselection, Serverselection or Desktop, make your bets now!)
  19. Leex Pewpewer

It sounds like their server is rejecting you guys, for whatever reason. Either way I'm pretty sure they aren't doing "nothing" about this situation, but that doesn't mean that they have to update you all the time until it's fixed..We aren't their bosses even if we might pay per say their salary!

That being said, hopefully you guys see a fix soon. Try to stick it out, I'm sure DB is working on a fix, it just might not be something that's so simple and so instead of trying to explain it to us, they rather use their time working on the issue to fix it..Generally EQ has always been very very good about servers, hopefully there is some way they can reimburse you guys for the lost time..Maybe double exp/rare spawns or something..
  20. Mizar Lorekeeper

Not being able to fix a problem that disrupts the customer experience for this long is upseting (still when we are talking about hardware and software it may happen --yet, were enough resources (time, men) allocated to track this down ?--).

Said so, not being able to fulfill a MINIMAL communication with the customers for this long is appauling.

Had the later been done with the appropriate frecuency and sense you can be sure most of the people would have endured the former much better. We were not asking for a daily update, nor any disclosure of how the whole systems work, but some hint about what has been tested or it's being checked, or plans or timeframes ... each few days would have been comforting, but we have been neglected and left in the dark with nothing else but a simple 'we are aware of the issue and looking on it' as the only feedback going already into the 4th week
    Leex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.