Stability AB

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Diani, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AB_H'Sishi Augur

This time the reconnection takes much longer than two hours ago. Caught us inmidst of the script (Arx Undeads); some died and got rolled back into life.

Even given the fact I'm used to very much trouble in the past 13 years of EQ, this issue slowly shifts my state from "being annoyed" to "getting angry about it".

If DBG relies on services from companies in the Netherlands which connect AB to the internet (since "Uptime" shows more than 8 days now it's not the server itself) the contracts should be reviewed and any warranty support really should be brought into action.
    I would feel embarrassed if such issues go on for weeks now, without any clue what's going on and why it's really worse on weekends but almost fine during the week.
  2. Adroxia Elder

Spotting more than a 100 posts in the past 24 hours or so.

Not sure quite what this information is giving you. You asked for it, so make some use of it. We've been like this since that epic double xp weekend that we pretty much mostly missed because of this stability.
  3. Hitty Augur

20:50 Germany AB crash
    - first: Login Server crashed after accessing Veeshan
    - second: no chat worked anymore
    - third: expected: server kicked from Pok, Ssra, Vex Thal
    - never got a hint about connection break like data rate missing or something. Its like a full crash of a system.

I have the feeling that this is not a software but a hardware problem. Is AB running on the same server as instance as other "servers" or is it a single server system? So if it is a single system, did you ever check if the hardware makes a full reset and reboots after that automatically?

If the same software runs on every instance I ask myself why AB is the only server which crashes REGULARLY. Nearly 2-3 days in Veeshan without crash. About 6-8 hours in Vex Thal without crash. Now again such a "hard" one. Typical for sporadic HD-failure, Ram-Problems or Overheating systems....
  4. Adroxia Elder

Something I just noticed having logged back in.

My extended target window has been cleared out back to "Auto" setting, I don't have the various NPC and tanks I put in there for raiding.
  5. Sheev Lorekeeper

Event fully reset. Woohoo. an hour of our time wasted.

Seriously this needs fixing NOW. The way you are treating your long standing loyal customers is absolutely disgraceful.

I have cancelled all my accounts. I will not be buying the expansion. I was extremely excited by the new expansion and I had planned on getting 1 x collectors and 2 x standard, but there is no point. The server is UNPLAYABLE.

You need to come up with a solution and FAST. The timing could not be more critical - a new expansion weeks away with pre-orders available. You are about to lose a LOT of income from all the people who play on this server if you are not careful.
  6. X1234 Journeyman

DBG, give us some answers to this now. You're about to lose many customers.

If I pay for something voluntarily, I expect to receive what I pay for...!
  7. delfchen Lorekeeper

take me with you ....

[IMG]

or

[IMG]
  8. cadres Augur

I have been playing EQ for almost 14 years. I have had 4 accs for almost 12 years. Throughout that time, those accs have always been fully paid up with all the latest expansions.
    The only time I have ever previously considered not renewing my sub or buying expansions for all my accs was when Ubisoft ran the UK accounts and we had huge instance problems in the DoN expansion.
    This is the first time there has been something comparable to that - an ongoing problem that makes the game unplayable for everyone.
    So I won't be renewing unless this is fixed - this simply isn't fun any more
  9. Adroxia Elder

21.03 UK onward, massive lag on chat and everything again. Undead mob on raid 3 script, raid continues fine as per normal . Chest has spawned, but currency and lockout and key not appeared yet. Chat channel finally caught up by 21.07 and currency appeared some 90s after raid beaten.
  10. douxreve Elder

Is it possible mass change AB people to another server? really...It seems AB server had a DoS attack or something like that
  11. Mizar Lorekeeper

Same for us about the same time, we got the chest and scooted out to call it a night, not worth the risk to get into last target of the night and crahs half the event, in fact we were with 30% on last undead boss and we were fearing we wont kill it in time. Also had the chit and key 'suspense' for almost 1 minute
  12. Igniz Augur

Pretty much the same for our raid (Undead Event in Arx #3) - After boss died, there was a 60 second silence, after which all chat channels began to fill up swiftly and eventually, we got currency and keys.
  13. Propell New Member

There has been people on the moon.. how hard can this be to fix?? - So many starting to talk about not renewing its not god. I can understand it.. paying for a game that doesn't work is no fun.
  14. BoingyBoing Journeyman

I would hope when they finally fix this they are going to do something on AB to make up for the loss of time. Double Faction/Double Rare spawns/Double xp etc.
  15. X1234 Journeyman

I can safely say, if these issues are not fixed, most people will be willing to petition to either merge into another server, or have a brand new EU server. If not, then we won't play the game in these horrible conditions.
    End of.
  16. Sonal New Member

Finally fix it ? They cant even be bothered to communicate with their paying customers which is way easier then actually fixing this ... I would be surprised if they are doing anything ...
  17. zhay1 New Member

Roshen and DBG team maybe log on server when rest of us play - at eurotime , it might actually help you understand what problems we have.

tbh i dont know why you in DBG expect us to buy next expansion when we cant really play. If we play we cant even be sure we get reward for winning and doing all those new raid seem impossible under current issues.

so log into server even if it is not US prime time ( and yes most of us play on eurotime - after all it is a euro server ) - i am sure one of the end zone raid guild would invite you to join a raid and see why server is unplayable

zhay
    X1234 likes this.
  18. BoingyBoing Journeyman

Agree, DBG should log on Sunday or Monday on Euro GMT 19:00, that is when the main raid guilds all raid and this seems to be when the server is at its worst.

We have been informed DBG are aware of the issue, lets just hope they are actually working on the fix, I'm starting to wonder.
  19. ghilgamesh New Member

Big lags, lots of disconnects in the same day, around 8 just for today....and that runs since 5 weeks !
    On AB the game is just unplayable....we don't got double xp or rare mobs bonus...we just got permanent crash bonus. No thanks for that !
    What will you do for us?
  20. JolineSZ Augur

It also seems that it isn't the same for everyone. I e.g. do only have chat lag, I do not have any other kind of lag. It is also not a common ld with a common disconnected black screen. I can talk, read, act and bang within 1 ms I have the black screen and the disconnected message. There is also no visible juddering of the green connection bar. Sometimes I appear naked (looks like I died) on the character selection screen but I am not dead, sometimes I am in a different zone after relogging.
    Sometimes I am booted to login screen with the message that something unintended happened and the server is marked as down and then is up again after some seconds, but after relogging the expedition is still up which would not happen if the server really was down.
    Today we did not go ld all at once, like we normaly do. 8 went ld, then some seconds later 10, then some seconds later 4 etc. When 19 people were left in raid I wondered why no one yelled abort and realized that no chat was working. I then hit instant gate and after the spell went through I was disconnected, then appeared naked on char select, logged back in and event was reset and I was back in Arx and never died.

That is all info a newbie like me can give you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.