Spirit of Falcons buff doesn't do anything

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mukkul, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Mukkul Augur

Spirit of Falcons (level 85) is the best run speed buff Rangers get, right? It's activated by Spirit of Eagles AA.

It claims to increase run speed, grant levitation, and give superior vision. My ranger's velocity is the same with and without the buff - both 58. Levitation is already covered by Perfected Levitation. Vision doesn't change one iota.

Rangers ought to have a run speed buff that's useful. These days we don't.
    A_ranger001 and Barton like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There are lots a runspeed buffs that are completely useless. There is even a trophy from HoT that doesn't increase your runspeed, beyond what anyone with autogrant already have as an innate runspeed-AA.

I think all runspeed buffs should be added to your current innate runspeed. Instead of being relative to some obsolete classic value. It would not be overpowered, if they adjusted the buff-values themselves to compensate.
  3. A_ranger001 Journeyman

The only thing it does is overwrites Tala Tak, which is why I have it blocked on all my characters and their mercs/pets
    Winnowyl, Hobitses and Skuz like this.
  4. Fintank Augur

Sometimes 1 of the other 10 classes that don't have a run speed buff or Innate Run Speed 10 want it. Most of the time they don't ask, that's cool to.

Waste of development time for something unnecessary.
  5. Raltar Augur

Rangers have AAs that give them higher run speed than buffs will give(except bard song) and run speed AA does not stack with buffs, you just get whichever is higher.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  6. Iven the Lunatic

It is just obsolete for your PC which does mean less work and less occupied buff slots. Many buff descriptions are outdated and missleading. They should have absolute values (Run Speed xx) instead of relative statements (does increase run speed).
    Fanra likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The other thing is that the Velocity stat is not at all what I envisioned. How about a stat that shows your current maximum run speed? Then you could just add and remove buffs and see how it changes.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Would make more sense, or display current/unbuffed/buffed.