Spending practice points at the guildmaster

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

from https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-december-12-2017.245792/

I still can't spend my practice points at the guildmaster. The guild master says Im better than him...:oops:
    I hoped this patch would fix that, or have training points been abandoned for good?
    I have 25 spare points(got them while leveling to 110) and some of my skills are only "heroic 85"-good.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

If your skills is as good or better than the guildmaster he cant teach you more in that skill. If you think about it this makes perfect sense considering your knowledge is as good or better than him so how exactly is he going to teach you? I cant confirm but I am thinking that this change is saying that you don't need to go to your specific guildmaster to train but instead you can go to any NPC guildmaster and train abilities available to you. Even if you are to go to your own guildmaster they can only teach you up to their own knowledge base and after that its all on you so I don't think there is a "fix" needed. Since this is a HC that changes things considering heroics get all their skills maxed out at level 85 and you still have all those banked training points to spend. If this was a non heroic toon I would imagine you would have things you could spend your points on if you wanted to such as languages.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It's not this, I tried that when my beastlord got her new abilities, they won't even talk to you.
  4. smash Augur

Well, just because there comes a new expansion, does not mean every trainer suddenly gains any skills.

Why should he ? He is having a good life, spending time learning totally inept students the basic of some skills.
    Cazmac likes this.
  5. Nolrog Augur

In the past, some guild masters didn't have all the skills for the class, so you would have to go to a different one to learn everything. It made for extra, unnecessary running around to train all the skills. Now you can go to one guild master (of your class) and train points in any skill your class allows. But that doesn't mean a Warrior guild master will train a Mage. they are still class specific.
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

this makes more sense as I was wondering why someone who is evil would train someone who is good and the other way around. I never really bounced around to different guild masters usually just went to the ones in my starting city or POK so I never realized the different ones would train in different things.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

They literally will not talk to you? Then there is something wrong. Heck, even if you have trashed your faction they usually say something as far as "get lost".
  8. Geroblue Augur

Several years ago I accidently went to a wrong guildmaster and was told to go away if I knew what was good for me. I got the class wrong.
    Cazmac likes this.
  9. Cazmac Augur

I suppose I am a bit mean but I try not to train if it's going to cost me plat!! :D