spellbook

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by xcitng, Feb 19, 2022.

1. xcitng Augur

my char that is a new lvl 85 can't delete spells in her spell book, is there some new trick to doing this?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Typically you can right click on a spell icon in the book, then hit the delete key to remove it. I'm not sure if heroic characters have some restriction on that to prevent new players deleting useful spells. Using the spell book at all is a pretty outdated function though - you can just right click empty spell gems and load spells from there. Also you can use /memspellset to make hotkeys to quickly swap spells in/out. I haven't actually used the spell book for anything in many years.
  3. xcitng Augur

ty for trying to help, i did the right click and delete but it didn't work
    guessing that it's a bug and hoping i can get it fixed..
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Some can be tied to AA also.

What class, level and spells are you referring to?
  5. xcitng Augur

mage, lvl 85 ... just want to remove most of the spells up to her lvl that are a mess in her spellbook from doing heroic character
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can only delete spells that can be purchased from a vendor and as you get higher in level there are fewer spells that can be removed. In reality there is no need to remove spells from your book.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  7. xcitng Augur

the spells i want to remove are low lvl spells ... need or not, we used to be able to remove them and by doing so it makes her spellbook much easier to deal with ... if possible, i would like to still be able to do that
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

What are you using the spell book for though? Using a combination of spell gem menus and /memspellset macros is faster and more convenient.
  9. xcitng Augur

those spells you see in the spell gems are all coming from spells that are in the spellbook
    why do some ppl care so much about how i like to play the game, i would just like to delete some of them, is that ok??
    Nananea and Ileasa like this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It might help if you listed which spells you are trying to delete as the game only allows some spells to be deleted to protect the player from deleting spells that are difficult to get again.
  11. xcitng Augur

they are just really old spells, the ones i tried are like lvl 1, the list would be too long ... they are not spells that i ever would want to keep
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I totally understand cause when I went Heroic on my Shaman all his spells were just dumped into the book. I like to place them in page = level order.

I went thru and put them all towards the back and then placed them back in order and did some switch right click. But I am a little OCD like that

Maybe your delete key on your keyboard is not really a delete? That has always thrown me that you right click the spell but then have to click delete on your keyboard
    xcitng likes this.
  13. xcitng Augur

i tried it on my other computer with a different keyboard and it still didn't work ;(
    the spell was said i could delete it
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Please include some details such as which spells you think you should be able to delete but are unable to delete. There are many spells that you are not able to delete by design.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Nope thats right. You cant.
  16. xcitng Augur

when you right click on a spell it tells you if the spell can be deleted and how, but the instructions do not work
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What spells are you trying to delete?
  18. xcitng Augur

i tried on several spells, and tried on 2 different computers ... why does it matter which ones?
    if the spell says it can be deleted that means it should be able to be deleted
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because that can help determine what is going on, are you trying to delete a spell that is designed to not be deleted? Is there a bug somewhere that is preventing spells that can be deleted from being deleted? When you don't provide any information about which spells you are trying to delete not only can no one help you but the devs can't look into it to see what is happening.
  20. xcitng Augur

obviously the spells were able to be deleted if they say they can be, so it must be a bug
    if it wasn't supposed to be deleted it would not say it can be
    just go into your spellbook and try to delete any spell you would never use again, then you will see what i am saying