Spell "weaving" or "Threading", still a thing ?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by knickia, Dec 16, 2020.

1. knickia New Member

Trying to make myself a better SK, i was reading some guides, and they discussed Spell "weaving" or "Threading" while engaged in melee. i.e. timing spells to go off between swings.

1.) is this still a valid tactic
    2.) how does the timing work, it's not clear watching either graphics, or combat chat.

PS: 85 Heroic character, any equipment or misc advise / more modern help guides welcome as well.
  2. knickia New Member

PSS: i'm still using 1H+Shield trying to stay alive :)
    No slam 2H since i'm a Drakkin
  3. Szilent Augur

Modern knight weapons have 37delay expressly to obviate that anachronistic practice.

Just spam spells. Your quality as an SK is related to how assiduous you are in that pursuit and, secondarily, which spells you're choosing to spam.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

Not really outside of trying to do a max burn, and most wont bother since you dont lose that much dps if any, I havent parsed this recently, think the last time I could be bothered to actively try to spell thread was in TDS and that was only because i was casting spells with a long cast time (.7s) to try and max spell based dps since mob AC was so high compared to the previous expac which made Melee seriously suffer.

Your dots are instant, spears quick casting.

Just smoke em if you got em