Spell Parser

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vanrau, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Vanrau Augur

Anyone have an explanation out there some where that explains all the different fields in the spells_us.txt file? I am trying to write a parser for this. Yes I'm aware there are parsers out there that do this but they don't tell me what each of the 174 individual fields represent.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

A Dev posted enumerated SPA list (that should really be stickied) in vet lounge at one point. I think Prathun?
  3. Ravengloome Augur

4. Vanrau Augur

Thanks, will save that for when I need a SPA listing. Unfortunately that is not for the spells file.
  5. Brudal Augur

from that same thread

Ravengloome likes this.
  6. mackal Augur

The spell file changed since that post. The slot data (things that go 1-12) were all moved to the end basically and some unused stuff was removed.
  7. Vanrau Augur

Ya 237 fields from that post. Looks like the spell data from earlier this year. Since then they have been removing some of those fields and now we're down to 174 fields. Found a open source parser that gives me at least a clue to what each field is. I've been looking at Lucy raw data as well even though none of it is in order. Putting everything in a spreadsheet now and labeling things to hopefully make sense of stuff after a while.
  8. mackal Augur

lucy's spell parser is horrible. You're probably looking at raidloot's spell parser which is very good. Just understand what that's doing :p
  9. Brohg Augur

Lucy's facility to search the casting emote texts and first-pass stacking analysis is pretty nice, though