Spell Help for a returning L100 Wiz

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Endaar, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Endaar Augur

Hi Everyone,

I'm a level 100 Wizard just returning after a 4+ year hiatus (I left during RoF) and I'm trying to get back up to speed. I'd appreciate some help in terms of what spells I should be using, and a rough idea of spell rotation. The two large nukes are obvious but I don't recall the usefulness of things like the Claw spells, Vortex spells, etc. Basically anything with additional procs/effects.

I also thought I had a full set of RoF spells, but apparently I don't have Wildether Barrage. There's a comment on Allahkhazam's saying that it never made it into the game. Is that the case?

Lastly, any suggetions for solo/kiting spots would be appreciated. I have all the expansions but haven't been to anything post RoF yet. I think the last place I was soloing was City of Bronze, but honestly it's been so long I don't remember. I have around 80K mana for what it's worth.

Thanks much! Appreciate the help.
  2. Brohg Augur

3. Endaar Augur

Thanks very much, this was extremely helpful. I have a couple questions though if you'll indulge me.
    • I no longer see Kerafyrm's Prismatic Familiar, and the /alt activate skill fails. The only familiar I have is Improved Familiar. I guess something changed here?
    • Similarly, Fury of Ro and Fury of Kerafyrm are both gone; it looks like they've been replaced by Fury of the Gods?
    • I don't see Glyph of the Cataclysm anywhere.
    • I saw in another post it was worth using Arcane Destruction as well on a full burn. Thoughts?
    Again, TYVM. It's tough getting back up to speed.

Endaar
  4. Brohg Augur

correct, Improved
    correct, Fury is one thing now; it goes with burns
    correct, it's Glyph of Destruction (100+) now. you're a ways from using that since it's no longer cheap
    it is. good thing to ask about in serverwide.eqwizards:eqwizards ;)
  5. Endaar Augur

Thanks, really appreciate it.