Spell Gem Window bugged for one character.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Janeen, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Janeen New Member

I have recently begun having an issue with my spell gem window going MIA after running a DoDH monster mission.

Once I join the monster mission the spell gem window is just gone and it doesn't come back after the mission is over. I tried the key bind command Alt+S to bring it up, doesn't work. I logged to desktop and reloaded, still missing. I found that the only way to get it back is to load the UI skin without keeping my layout. If I keep the layout it stays missing.

Once I got it back I made sure that Esc to Close was not selected on this window, locked it in place. Swapped to an alt and the spell gem window was right where it should be. Logged back to my main, the spell gem window had gone missing again and the only solution was to load the UI skin without keeping the layout.

This means I'm looking at constantly resetting my layout on my main, which is time consuming and annoying to say the least.

Happens with Default UI and Sparxx UI.

Wondering if there are any suggestions for fixing this.
  2. Janeen New Member

Well, I went ahead and figured it out. Here is the solution for anyone else who might have this happen to them.
    • Found and opened my UI_ .ini file
      • Made a back up copy of the file in case I broke something.
    • Did a ctrl+f for "spell".
    • Under [CastSpellWnd] changed Show=0 to Show=1.
    • Saved & loaded EQ.
    The Spell Gem window was back in place where it should have been all along.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Faypixie New Member

If it happens again type /gems. You are welcome.