Fixed Internally Spell Focus AA

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fian, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Fian Augur

All of these spell focus AA stop working on new spells until you buy another rank. This doesn't sound right as the next rank still gives you an increased damage bonus as well.
    Raccoo, Fanra, Kinadorm and 2 others like this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

I've post this last year and in beta bugs. So far Dzarn and Aristo haven't responded on the topic and it takes both of them to make spell focus and synergy AA sensibly level and future proof (with proper spell groups).
  3. smash Augur

Simple, do not buy it, until you got the ability/spell.

The description is quiet clear about how it works.

So this not a bug
  4. Derka Power Ranger

The same goes for synergy!
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Kinadorm Augur

Yes, both the spell focus and synergy AA's should include all new spells in at least one preceding level of the focus AA. The way it is now you lose all benefit of the focus AA on new spells until you buy the new ranks. This makes using the new spells less appealing until you have the focus AA.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's the devs' middle fingers to caster classes (after all the asking since RoS, it's the only conclusion to draw). The focus issue technically hurts all classes, but really screws with pure casters far more. It's not like melee have to purchase aas to use their better weapons. Casters do though (especially as the bonuses keep climbing). As a wizard, thankfully I care about so few spell lines. But some of the classes, like druid, shaman or necro, have so many lines they use.

It's god awful for anyone trying to raise up a pure caster from scratch these days. The only good thing on the horizon is that EoK autogrants in the next expansion will help start filling in the focuses.

The focus line aas were a horrible idea at the start and continue to get worse as we move to each new expansion.
    Vexana_Lanys, enclee and Yinla like this.
  7. Fian Augur

Synergy was also a problem in ROS too, and as far as I know it was never fixed. Ranks 1-10 give you synergy rank 1 buff, rank 11, gives you rank 2 buff, and rank 12 gives you rank 3 buff. There is no reason why the first rank of synergy can't work on 115 spells, but that hasn't worked that way since ROS. As for the other spell focus AA, I never saw them ignoring the new spells, but maybe that has been the case before and I just missed it. However, there is no reason why they have to work that way either, since each rank would still give you an increased damage bonus, i.e. the AA is still an increase even if it doesn't unlock new spells.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

Synergy levels were patched in January 2020. Thanks.