[Spell] Deepwater Toxin proc should lower accuracy, not double accuracy value

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cobi, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Cobi New Member

The alchemy recipe item Deepwater Toxin (item ID 93967) is a throwing item and procs spell Deepwater Toxin (spell ID 39893). Game description: Lowers accuracy and damages target.

Spell description:
    [39893] Deepwater Toxin
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Magic
    Can Reflect: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Hate: 100
    1: Decrease Current HP by 300 per tick
    2: Increase Chance to Hit by 95%
    Text: The poison burns your skin and blurs your vision.
    Lowers accuracy and damages target.

Instead of lowering opponents accuracy it almost doubles accuracy value. Just duel somebody and check accuracy numbers after proc lands. It does indeed increase accuracy numbers.

Would be for sure fun to throw this toxin onto your next raid boss ;-)
    Wulfhere likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Do you have a screenshot of the before/after with the target's stats? The way it reads it does seem likely that slot 2 got a positive value instead of a negative value. I think I remember this being discovered on another spell too.
  3. Zipe The Healer

Hello,

I have the feeling that this spell mod on a detrimental spells was meant to be a 5% reduction on hit chance.

Like, the base hit chance is 100% and this mod on a detrimental spells means that it'll lower hit chance to 95%.

Or well, maybe it's just a bugged and it was originally meant to be a "decrease chance to hit by 5%" affect.

If you check the spell parser, this is the only detrimental spell with this mod.

Eqresource spell data shows that raw values:

https://spells.eqresource.com/rawspells.php?id=39893

It's Spa 184 Accuracy %.

The negative SPA 184 affect is called "decrease chance to hit by %"

You can see it on spells like this:

https://spells.eqresource.com/rawspells.php?id=8261

There it's SPA 184 with a -3 mod, that translates to "decrease chance to hit by 3%"

So yeah, it's weird! Something hidden somewhere that determines positive SPA 184 on detrimental spells means an actual decrease and then it got messed up.

Or just a typo? I guess they run a macro that determines the names of the effects of SPA's based on base value, so any SPA 184 with positive base value, translates to "increase chance to hit by" and with negative base value it translates to "decrease chance to hit by", so, this spell got a base value of 20 that can go up to 95 but they made a typo and forgot to make it negative, so when they ran the script it added the effect "increase" instead of "decrease" and then it got forgotten into dust?

/popcorn
  4. Cobi New Member

Here is a screenshot. Normal accuracy vs. Deepwater Toxin proc:
    Normal accuracy 1567, accuracy with proc 3055 = 95% increase
    From spell description 2: Increase Chance to Hit by 95%

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Wulfhere Augur

I think it's an SPDAT bug. We have this entry:

Deepwater Toxin Slot 2 details
    SPA: 184
    Base1: 20 || percent
    Base2: -1 || all skills
    Max: 95 || percent
    Calc: 102 || base1 + Level

This is the only toxin (spell) I found that uses (calc = 102) whereas all the other SPA 184 use (calc = 100). So this is a spell that scales with PC level unlike (most/all?) other toxins. Neat!

However, the signs of the values mean that it scales upwards. So it's a strong 195% accuracy buff to the NPC you have just poisoned. That's bad, prepare to die tank!

The way to fix the scaling is to make both Base1 and Base2 negative values and then they will scale downward (reducing accuracy) from base 80% of normal down to 5% at level 75 (capped). This is how e.g. Snare spells are calculated.

Until this is (ever) fixed, I would only ever cast it on friendly targets (like yourself) to nearly double their melee accuracy. Add it to your burn macro! Widespread usage might then prompt the Spell Dev to fix it.
    Cobi likes this.