Spell Casting Sublety for Rangers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Tiggold Augur

It's not ideal or what I would want to see happen but it's an option to keep yourself alive until you figure out who else can make changes. Just saying.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Lol.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Considering a range is half warrior the generated hate makes sense. Not saying they should not consider adding it but from a lure standpoint you are suppose to tick off the mobs. The hate I generated with my rangers spells is what allowed me to tank when my ranger was my main. Without that hate it would have been fail from day one.
  4. smash Augur

Learn to control your aggro. All does that, including rangers.
  5. Thancra Loladin

There's no real need for such thing nowadays with the aggro tanks can generate.

As for the main topic, while I don't see why it would be a bad idea to have this AA, there are also other melee dps classes that can generate problematic amount of aggro: monks and berzerkers. Rogues seem fine in this area and probably beastlord too.
    Reynen likes this.
  6. smash Augur

Except, sometimes it does seem not all tanks uses the best of their abilties, not that I know how to be a tank.

Still does not prevent people from playing properly and not overaggro immediately b4 tank has time to get aggro set.
  7. Amurruss New Member

Between Jolting Cut Kicks, Silent Strikes, Bulwark of the Brownies, and Chamelon's Gift, I don't see why any Ranger wouldn't be able to drop aggro in combat if they were so moved.

If all else fails, Cover Tracks and run for the hills, Becky!
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The issue with Jolting Kicks on raids is the best reduction you'll ever see is a 1% decrease in agro when it's cast. Even using the type 3 that reduces the recast, it's not nearly enough to offset the agro from Summer's Tempest - a Ranger's most cast spell.

We certainly don't have the agro issues Monks seem to have for whatever reason - I'm sure their difficulties are similar reasons to Rangers in that their fade (perfect feign) won't work on RoS raid bosses because they are too high level. I don't play a Necro or Monk so I'm completely unaware of the impact the act of hitting normal feign death has on normal agro on modern raid mobs.

In regards to the OP's original ask, I don't think it's asking too much for Rangers to have better than Silent Strikes. I certainly wouldn't be here on these boards crying foul if we didn't receive Subtlety, either. EQ being dangerous again is kind of fun. This is a design choice by the Devs that's annoying sometimes but certainly doesn't make the game unplayable for Ranger's. I will admit not being able to fade every 6 mins like we used to is something I miss when I'm dumb and get myself murdered with burns running haha :)
    DaciksBB likes this.
  9. DaciksBB Augur

Not sure about Jake but I generally overaggro when I want to mess with the tanks (although the start of the expansion was rough-that tunic click is just so much aggro) or if our tanks are being bad at adds.

I just don't like using FD unless I have to although normal FD still does a pretty good job of resetting aggro

Edit: I do agree that it seems like unless a tank is near the top of the list on a mob we're attacking, I'm usually the one it turns to if the tank dies
  10. Thraine Augur

In my guild the mobs tend to go after the monks when a war dies .. mainly cause all the rangers fade and monks are too stubborn to FD lol

But i agree we should have spell casting subtly instead of silent strikes, back when EoK was new would have been ideal.
  11. p2aa Augur

In the list of DPS that produce the most aggro in raid, rangers come second after monks atm. The difference is that rangers can stay high on aggro, but won't overaggro the tank. While monks can overaggro the tank. DBG needs to put hate reduction on the monk BP click or hate override whatever, who is the culprit of monks insane aggro atm.
    To the OP, who is a ranger, if your tanks are aggroing properly you should not overaggro them. If you do then it means the tanks don't click enough their aggro tools.
  12. Monkman Augur

Yeah the monk click on the tunic this year is insane. Basically every 10 minutes I can pick which mob I want to take aggro from. With five point palm it’s not even funny, I can snatch aggro off of most anyone. Even with silent strikes (which I always pair with the tunic now) I’m still climbing relatively quickly
    p2aa and DaciksBB like this.
  13. DaciksBB Augur

god forbid you use Heel with it
    Monkman and feeltheburn like this.
  14. feeltheburn Augur

monk BP will buy you aggro every time....true story.
    p2aa, Thunderkiks and Monkman like this.