Spell book - More pages

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Redex, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Redex Journeyman

Please consider increasing the number of pages in our spell book, as well as the number of slots per page (currently 8, 12 would be great)

I would like to keep say all level 78 spells on book page 78, and sometimes there is more then 8 spells in a level. Spell book only goes up to page 90 right now.

With level 95, we didn't see 5 more book pages, and with level 100, there will be even less room unless pages are added.

Thank you
  2. Sinestra Augur

I set my spells by type so all snare spells are on the same pages and so on, but I certainly run out of space a lot. More slots and/or pages would be great.
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

I, as a mage, have every single spell 1-95 minus a couple Luclin ancients and have a good 5 or so empty pages left. I think. Actually may be 10.

Chanters with all their illusions, assuming they buy them and convert them all, may have a harder time though.

Also, afaik, they always bump up spell book page count with any expac that provides a level cap increase.
  4. Sinestra Augur

Yes there are plenty of spaces if you put every single spell into the book, but the way you do so greatly impacts how that works out. Adding more pages can't possibly hurt or hinder anything so it just needs to be done. Much like the whole changing the default purchase quantity to 1.
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

Aye good point. I know plenty of people that sort the book by spell type, leaving open slots on pages. It's odd actually that I don't do that considering how OCD I am with any given thing in the universe. Instead, so long as they are put in the book in order that i received them with no skipped slots I'm fine.

Now my inventory/bank....that's another issue. :p
    Sinestra likes this.
  6. Sinestra Augur

My inventory is very specifically set, but my bank is a mess. If I put my spells in my book the way you do I think I might have a stroke even though I usually use the spell menu to mem spells.
  7. Caudyr Augur

LOL. I'm the same way. If my inventory gets changed around somehow I get irritated because it wasn't how I remembered it. That being said...I see some of these inventories where people have things scattered around in bags instead of having all the clickies stuff in the 'first' bags and it drives me up the walls because it would drive me insane if I had to play like that, heh.

My bank is organized too, though. At least the first ~4 columns of it (2 are TS bags, heh...other 2 are older items, etc)
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Rainbowdash Augur

2 slots of food>2 slots of drink>Expendables>Illusions>Pet Illusions>General clickies>Potions>Misc

If my bags aren't in that order I flip

Bank is the same. Perma clickies I don't always use in first few bags, expendable clickies/pots I don't always use or are backups in next few bags, bags of items i don't use but can't or don't want to get rid of (TSS charm, LDoN charm aug etc), bags of postponed quest items.

And of course, my "Wardrobe bag". All my clothes with poor stats but different graphics (different style of robes, all/all plate armor etc) I use when I wanna play "Everquest: Fashion Show"
    Sinestra likes this.
  9. Ragbert Elder

I'd much rather like to have multiple spellbooks to open and a way to move pages between the books. As a wizard almost all the spells get replaced each expansion and they might as well retire gracefully in the Tome of Hardly Ever Opened Again and keep my current book clean and useful. Right now you can kind of do that by tediously moving spells one by one to further in the back but just by clearing another opening is a pain the rear.
  10. iniari-TR Augur

i dont even use the spell books except to mem a new scroll. the drop down window is all sorted by level / type and color coded.
  11. Sinestra Augur

I would really enjoy a way to move multiple spells at once to a different page, a way to name pages and group them (like "Fire Bolt Spells" and "Pacification Spells"), and a way to move to a page number by typing it and/or move to a group by typing it's title.
  12. Redex Journeyman

Rabert idea is cool, though how about needing spells to buff lower level classes?

Moving full pages / naming pages is a great idea as well.

First thing I would like to see though is 12 slots per page, and a book that goes to 100 pages.
    Sinestra likes this.