(Speculation/ Theory Crafting) Undiscovered Quests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thundersnake, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Thundersnake Elder

I remember reading a post I want to say it was made by Praethun (SP) approximately stating that there was a fair number of uncompleted/undiscovered quests. In recent years I've seen one in HoH that someone completed for the very first time. I'd like to dedicate a thread to looking for and cataloging any integral items that seemingly have no related quests. Along with any quest NPC that seems to have text that relates to a quest that hasn't been published. Any speculation about undiscovered quests is also welcome. Let's keep this fun and drama free. Lets focus on Expansions that pre date the Quest Journal System. Vanilla through Gates I think, I don't remember exactly when quest journal was added.
  2. FrozenWater Augur

Undiscovered only? Or Unsolved too?

There is one from Planes of Power: Jaggedpine Recipes. It seems Faydwer Basil was never added to a drop table :(
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Please read the following post:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/unsolved-mysteries.226521/page-3#post-3538148

Kunark Archaeologist Quests:

February 15, 2017

*** Highlights ***

- Rumors abound that brave adventurers are needed in Kunark! Long-forgotten heroes in Cabilis, Overthere, and Firiona Vie are offering long-forgotten quests.

Quest List: (Courtesy of ZAM)
    Adalora's Items
    Dithgar's Defender
    Ivyshae Family Blade
    Kuughrak's Task
    Lost Koada`Dal Force
    Magics of Fear
    The Blade of Sirrik
    The Realm of Pain
    The Righteous Order
    Vitratul's Scrolls
  4. Iven the Lunatic

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. FrozenWater Augur

Necromancer Blood from "a necromancer" in Drelzna's room in Najena (was just reminded of while camping a set of Fabled JBoots).
  6. Drewie Augur

Someone just reported on Zam that Faydwer Basil is actually a ground spawn in Lesser Faydark. I spent some time there running around the zone and couldn't find any, maybe it's just very hard to see ? or it only spawns on Progression servers ?
    Rondor and Yinla like this.
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur

Basil the skinner is a wood elf. He presumably would have been from Faydwer. He used to be in the FV outpost but is no longer there. This makes 2 Basil's that can't be found. If there was some sort of 'Faydwer Basil' essence that he could hand out I am wearing gloves so maybe we should bring him back and find out.
  8. FrozenWater Augur

Found it! Just north of of the skeleton / undead monument. 494, 2150ish. It is quite hard to see, looks like some mulched grass, slightly darker green on top of the lighter green ground texture.
    Rondor and Drewie like this.
  9. FrozenWater Augur

Ok done, there was one more chapter to the quest which I've completed (and left notes on Zam).

Assuming that is first time it's been solved then that means it took over 19 years to solve ... I'm not sure if that's any sort of record but it must be close :)
  10. Drewie Augur

Well done! Now I wasn't able to find any Deep Odus Mushroom west of the druid ring in Toxxulia Forest, would you have any specific /loc ?
  11. GNOME_POWER Augur

Found it!
    loc 1071.14 -44.17
    Rondor and Drewie like this.
  12. Drewie Augur

Indeed, it's at some distance from the druid ring. To anyone else, use the /waypoint +1071, -14 command to see the ground spawn location on the map.