Sources of Mana Regen on Phinigel?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Zansobar Augur

What are the various sources of Mana Regen that will be available on Phinny at launch and through the first couple expansions?

Obviously there is Clarity, but I heard that Breeze won't be available until Kunark launches.

What about Alchemy potions? Are any of those available during Classic or Kunark or are those from later expansions?
  2. Trevalon Augur

Breeze is not available at launch, but Alchemy potions have always been available on day 1 - so unless they were taken out (unlikely) you will be able to buy potions, though I think the best one only adds 3 or 4 mana regen (Someone correct me if I am wrong), so while it is better, it isn't amazing.

the only time I ever used alchemy pots was when 3-4 manning Phinigel.
  3. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

The cheap alchemy pots only cost about 1pp or so to make, so you can usually pick up a stack of 10 for like 20 plat. They math out to an extra 600 mana over 20 minutes, iirc.
  4. Nolrog Augur

You could always sit down.
    Works and Batbener like this.
  5. Iyvy Augur

There are spirtuality and conc pots, clarity, canni, lich, bard song, theft of thought and probably a few other minor things I've forgotten. There are no clicky or worn mana regen items. Conc pots are nice and cheap but they take 10 minutes of their 20 minute duration to drink.
  6. Weverley Augur

Yeah if what shammy gave me is any indication mana regen pots are like 3 per tick or 4 so doesn't make a big difference.Wiz still gonna med quite a bit.
  7. Ducreux Augur

One thing a lot of people overlook are the "Efficiency" line of potions that give you 5% reduced manacost on spells of a certain archtype (cold,fire,magic,disease,poison, & beneficial). While it doesn't sound like a lot on paper, by level 50 they last for around 3 hours and only cost about 2p to make. You can also have multiple efficiency pots running of different resist types if you use multiple different resist lines.
    Kahrul, Works, Tronk and 1 other person like this.
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

The mana regeneration pots stack with clarity and bard song, also, if I recall correctly.
  9. Iyvy Augur

I've never heard of or seen those do they require a very high alchemy or rare ingredients?

Also conc pots are amazing. They may only give 2 or 3 per tick but you have to realize your mana loss = regen - use. As such even a small amount of regen will be purely addative, you will definitely notice a major difference. At least as an enchanter I do and that's with C always running.
  10. Weverley Augur

I agree with clarity your good to go.
  11. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This is correct.

A lot of all this really just comes down to how efficient you are interested in being. 600 mana over 20 minutes isn't a ton of mana, but for the cost (2pp) it's definitely something to think about when leveling up or on any raid where med breaks occur.
  12. nostalgicfool Augur

According to eqtrader you need drops from SOLB mobs to make them.
  13. GrugSA Augur

Elixir of Greater Concentration(3mana/tick) and Elixir of Concentration(2mana/tick) are done with vendor bought mats.

You're thinking Distillate of Spirituality(hp+mana/tick) which is a potion from of Beastlord crack. Many versions of these require drops from mobs.
  14. Semah Augur

Unfortunately, once Kunark hits these become less viable since the "II"s cap at level 44 (with the usual focus fade-off) and the vials for "III"s aren't in yet. Not sure when they are due to be added.
  15. Ducreux Augur

Rank IIIs are in, http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=36418. I don't remember what the recipe is offhand and my shaman on RF is no longer active but i recall them costing ~2p each to make.
  16. Semah Augur

You're absolutely right; thanks! I was thinking of the new recipes, for which we only have one vial type ATM. The old-style potions are still craftable, provided you remember to uncheck "Show only items I can use" at the briar thistle vendor.
  17. -wycca Augur

Minus class specific things, there are only a few options for mana regen -

- Enc Clarity line OR marketplace bought potion
    - Bard mana song lines
    - Shm Concentration line potions
    - Shm Distillate line potions

Velious is the first expansion with +Mana Regen/Flowing Thought items. There aren't a ton of these - approximately 16 items in total.
  18. Gingyr Elder

Theft of Thought is lvl 51 if i recall right. It does not currently exist on Phinny.
  19. TarewMarrForever Augur

I literally lol'd. Yes it does seem like this sometimes. ;-)

OP: for the record, that is an exaggeration, but the consumption time is indeed ridiculous. It is a whopping 15 seconds (and lasts for 20m)

IMO Adrenaline Tap (8 sec) is even worse, because you are downing that bad boy every 5 mins. Half the casting time, but quarter the duration. ;-(

On a related note, I am not sure why duration of Adrenaline Tap doesn't scale at the same rate as Kilva's. That seems logical and not over-powered, and I think Shammies would sell a lot more AT if it did...
  20. Keldaria Elder

Lvl 50 technically and it is a Kunark spell. It drops from Kunark Mobs but it does have a spell research recipe that you can possibly obtain all the parts for now. I have no idea if they disabled the recipe or not however.