Soulbanshee's Tradeskill Parser version 1

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soulbanshee, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 1.0

Release 1.0 finally brings what I had always wanted for my parser, a GUI! I am confident in calling this 1.0 because I believe I have gotten all the quirks out in working with Excel objects and everything should run smoothly now. Any errors encountered, please PM me details and screenshot of the error message displayed. Settings file from Beta 2 is compatible with Release 1.

Thanks to ZAM and EQTC for recipe searches, and thanks to the community for submitting the recipe output files, especially thanks to Infinite Elysium guildmates for helping me on a lot of my recent updates. Please consider donating to EQTC as I link to the recipes on that site.

Please do not rehost, redistribute, relink, modify and only for personal usage. Script, materials, inputs, or generated files may not be used in any method soliciting or generating any compensation.

What does my script do?
    • Reads output file name and contents (no different than popular tools that read log files)
    • Matches learned recipes versus a master list of known recipes that count for 300+
    • Master list accounts for recipes that share a common name, and identify the unique material for each of those combines
    • Saves an Excel or CSV file for each output file found with URLs to EQTC recipes
      • Excel file will list all recipes with clickable hyperlinks for the URLs, but will filter on what you have not learned
      • CSV file will only list what you have not learned with non-clickable URLs, and will not save formatting (If you have an Office alternative, use Save As to a native workbook format to preserve formatting)
    • Saves a text file with recipes I do not have accounted for yet for easy submission to add to my master lists in future updates (please email file to SoulbansheeEQ@gmail.com or PM contents)
    • Easy automation alleviates mistypes, accidentally skipping learned recipes, and forgetting to mark off recipes
    What doesn't my script do?
    • Does not access EverQuest account or character information
    • Does not access anything in memory
    • Does not send anything to an outside source or access anything from an outside source
    • Does not retain anything about your system other than saving the selected directory paths in the settings file that allow the script to run without prompting each time
    Requires PowerShell v5, Windows 7/8/8.1 will need to install an update.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50395
    Note: It was pointed out to me that default settings is to not allow unsigned scripts to run. In order for my script to work, either system execution policy must be changed or the RUNME file included will bypass the restrictions.

Download and extract this zip file into a directory on your computer, overwriting existing files:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=12VbKr6AVkJY74ObIjbDpNroAh0680qDo

1. In EverQuest, type /outputfile recipes <tradeskillname> for each TS and character you want to parse. You will have to do this command each time you learn new recipes if you want to update the spreadsheets with the parser.
    2. Either leave the output in your EverQuest directory or move them to a new location if you would prefer. The files are named <Character>-<Tradeskill>-Recipes.txt and are located in the base EverQuest installation directory.
    3. Double-click to execute the RUNME.cmd file. This will start PowerShell in a mode that will allow the script to run because it is not signed. (If your system is set unrestricted, you can right-click and select "Run with PowerShell" instead. Do not close the Windows PowerShell window in the background, it will exit within 2 seconds after you close the parse tool.)
    4. If you already set up the configuration, a directory will be displayed next to the "Load output files" button. If it is correct, skip the next step.
    5. Click the "Load output files" button, Browse for Folder will pop up, choose where the output files are located, so either the EQ directory or where you moved them.
    6. Any output files found will populate the character name in the first drop down. If there are no characters listed, then no files were found named <Character>-<Tradeskill>-Recipes.txt
    7. Select "All" to parse all character outputs found, else select a single character.
    8. Under "Tradeskills", check "Select All" or the combination of tradeskills you want to parse for the character(s) selected previously. If there are none or missing tradeskill check boxes, then the base files are missing.
    9. Select the save file format if necessary, else continue to the next step. CSV will be the only option if Excel 2010 or later is not installed.
    10. If you already set up the configuration, a directory will be displayed next to the "Select save file location" button. If it is correct, skip the next step.
    11. Click the "Select save file location" button, Browse for Folder will pop up, choose where you want the spreadsheets saved to.
    12. Check or uncheck "Overwrite files". Checked will overwrite files with the same name losing any manual changes. Unchecked will first move existing files to a "Backup" folder.
    13. Your selections for output file directory, save format, save file directory, and overwrite will be saved to a settings.ini file and remembered when you run the script again.
    14. Click the "Generate files" button.
    15. The parser will run for a few minutes while the interface is greyed out. Everything will re-enable once complete.
    16. <Character>-<Tradeskill> files of the selected format will be created in the save file location.
    17. If you have any learned recipes that are not in my tradeskill files, a RecipeSubmit.txt file will be created also. Please email the whole file as an attachment to me at SoulbansheeEQ@gmail.com so that I may include it in a future update.
    18. Steps can be repeated without having to close or launch the parser again. Use "Load output files" to load new characters if necessary. Skip step 4 if the parser is already running.
    19. Click the "Close Parser" button to close the parser when finished.
    Notes:
    • "Needs Verification" under learned means the recipe either needs to be confirmed as invalid, or I do no as of yet have the EverQuest Recipe ID. You should manually search for the recipe in the container for now to make sure you know it or not. The base files will get updated as I get more information.
    • For Excel files, learned recipes are filtered out by default, you can use the filtering at the top to add them back in if you wish.
    • Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
    FAQ
    Q. Nothing ran, no PowerShell window popped up.
    A. You need to have PowerShell v5 (see top link) and use the RUNME file to run the parser.
    Q. No Excel files were created after clicking "Generate files".
    A. The script will exit if there was an issue creating Excel workbooks. Also verify you are looking in the correct save file location.
    Q. I have Excel installed, or set format to CSV and there are still no files.
    A. You may not have /outputfile recipes yet. An output file for the selected tradeskill may not have been found for the selected character.
    nitrocutter and Yara_AB like this.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Love it! Thank's very much Soul, if you're accepting Donations let us know
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Release 1.0.1

Unzip file and overwrite:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=12VbKr6AVkJY74ObIjbDpNroAh0680qDo

Added a few recipe IDs to Blacksmith, Make Poison, Pottery, and Tailoring.
    Modified backup function when overwrite is not checked to only move the files that will be regenerated instead of all <Character>-<Tradeskill>.
    Corrected backup function failure to identify successful file moves.

Thanks, no donations at the moment, just working on it for the community. Right now I am working on this as I have time. Maybe look into something when I have more time to research services.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

5. Soulbanshee Augur

Quick update today, missed cleaning up a few recipes for poison and tinkering. Re-download the zip to get the fixes if you need.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

7. Soulbanshee Augur