Soul of the Grandmaster itemization broken?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jonny Panic, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Jonny Panic Augur

Soul of the Grandmaster's itemization is ALL/ALL, Secondary only, Shield only.

Berserkers flat-out can't use this. Is this intentional?

Perhaps remove the Shield only option, or make it "shield and two-handed weapon only", and add Primary. Then add type 7 slots to twohanded melee weapons like you have for caster staves.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but it seems like Berserkers have kind of been hurt in itemization lately. I understand that they got ahead with AAs and all and that's why their weapon options have to be scaled back... but that there's no stat-aug slot on melee twohanders particularly hurts a class that just plain has no option to use a shield, whether for tanking or for stats.
  2. Brohg Augur

Well that's the tank drop from Grandmaster. The melee drop is clearly the 10% overhaste ring that I'm sure you don't... already have... from OMM in the level 70 expansion...
  3. Jonny Panic Augur

Heh that ring makes me sad... fortunately, I have the ACoF instead, although there are options better than 10% that have been around for years. The aug is exceptional, and Berserkers are the only class that simply cannot use it due to their unusual itemization. It would be largely wasted on various other classes... although just about everyone has some use for AC and HP... but Zerks are the only class that could make use of it and can't.

It kind of highlights how they miss out on some aspects of being able to use a shield and associated abilities, including that they don't get the extra aug slot and have NO form of block ability... which is odd because even pajama casters get Shield Block and Staff Block AAs.

That melee twohanders don't get both a type 4 slot and a type 7/8 slot is a reflection of this, and the aug's itemization is a symptom of that.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Something funky may be happening when you add a big AC aug to a 2hander. My wife, a Monk, got the staff off Judicator before it got nerfed from Type 7 to Type 4 and put a 44 AC aug in it. She suddenly had MUCH more mitigation than even adding that aug to a shield should have provided. She tried to see if it was just that she was close to a tick over point as far as total AC, but that didn't appear to be the case when she moved augs around to simulate it.

I imagine that's why Zerkers don't get Type 7 slots on their 2h weapons.
  5. Drakang Augur

Tested this long ago as an SK when I moved from a rune aug to an AC aug in my weapon. AC on weapon seems to have a larger effect much like shield AC does.
  6. Barbwarrior Augur

7. Maeryn Augur

8. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

The trick would be coming up with a good weapon with the Type 7 slot to use it in.

The one my wife used was 44 AC, and she's not raid geared, so whatever it is, it's obtainable.