Soooo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by urbanbo70, Aug 14, 2018.

1. urbanbo70 Elder

Any estimated time on the next progression server?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm guessing somewhere around the 20th anniversary.
  4. Fumi-chan Augur

Probably March 2019. 40 slot backpacks are lucrative.
  5. Typucm Elder

I certainly hope the server will be in this year.
    Too long to wait until March 2019 :(
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Daybreak doesn't do just about anything to actively bring in new players so siphoning off existing players from existing servers only hurts the community.

No good reason i can think of why they released coirav after only 3 expansions but if they keep that up they'll end up with a lot of little ghost towns.
  7. Aegir Augur

I Think they've squeezed as many people into the TLP servers as possible regarding to how many there are "left" out there yet to join back on the TLP wheel, without resorting to large costly advertizing campaigns to bring old players back. The best they can do right now is cater for the current TLP servers to keep the playerbase interested into continue their progress.

There will always be people yelling for a new TLP server. But if they keep pumping out Phinigel Copies,( and yes, even with faster exp etc.) It will just be a smaller and smaller and smaller community starting over again with some hardcore Krono Farmers joining the party everytime.

I think many on the established TLP servers playerbase are making their final journey through EverQuest and are very unlikely to come back for another grand-tour TLP. But could be tempted to join an event based TLP server like the succes Quarm was.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  8. Typucm Elder

I am not waiting new Phinny copy, i want something new, like FV ruleset server or maybe PVP :)
  9. Arclan Elder

You'd be surprised how many brand new players I met, when I started a character on Corinav last week. Probably 20% of players I grouped with were brand new to EQ. Sadly some of them quit due to fungi twinks spoiling the low level game experience.

10. Critt Augur

If twinks "ruined" their experience it's good they quit early on...
    Dythan likes this.
  11. snailish Augur

The general guess is next anniversary will see a new progression server of some sort.

Being mid-August, a few I have talked to feel we are already overdue for Quarm event #2... even if it were just event #1 all over again*

*ideally with a 6 month window to do it, and the ability to earn the rewards multiple times by doing different tiers (i.e., group & raid).
  12. kalashnikov New Member

Box friendly TLP with instanced content please
    Croak and Machentoo like this.
  13. Croak Augur

Advertising doesn't cost money if the amount of trackable revenue generated is more than the spend.

I have been seeing some brand new to EQ players cropping up on Coirnav. As an online marketing guy I would love to check out some of the advertising and sales funnel.

I think the online marketing is something they need to get 100% right before they introduce more servers, as the right push in that direction could make any new servers launched bigger than previous efforts.
    They also need to work a lot on retention and introducing players to newer features. I have 15 years played on/off yet discovered some stuff surfing around during todays patch that will help me a lot on Coirnav, QoL things that I haven't discovered during the last 6 weeks being back in game, that a new player might not find.
    Aegir likes this.