Soooo sit at the "you are still in the login queue" window or what

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Glow, May 27, 2020.

1. furrykitty New Member

53 minutes and counting :mad:
    LoladenPrexus likes this.
  2. Darkoon New Member

It is working as intended......by making us wait. lol
    Graethos likes this.
  3. oldkracow Augur

Made some names logged out.
    Cya on later tonight.
  4. Talcompowder New Member

Hopefully in the future which I know would be wishful thinking on our part they’ll dedicate to a better launch design.
  5. Dythan Augur

only 9 more minutes guys.
    Batbener, Graethos, Darkoon and 2 others like this.
  6. Dominate Elder

Yes, it is. It just doesn't display properly. If you d/c from queue, or from in game it will save your spot for 5ish minutes so you can bypass the queue and get back in.

They have capped the servers at 225 like last time. They let in "waves" of people once there is eased up traffic on the character creation server. Which, on Mangler, crashed several times and so some names got stuck in "limbo" of being used but not having the char available to delete and re-get the name.

NO ONE is going to get in from here on until they ease up on the throttling of the server population. Then, it will probably be another 200 or so players. If you don't get in then, you probably aren't going to get in for another hour or so after that.

They up the population in waves.
  7. IgnisFirestarter New Member

DPG has discovered Time Manipulation!!!! They have turned 1 min into 1 hour...
  8. MaestroM Augur

Which mainsteam MMO has new server launches that go smoothly? By every metric, Everquest launches are smoother than WoW's classic launch?
  9. Umdebus New Member

I Forgot about how much EQ is a time sink game
  10. Argon12 New Member

Re-upped for this after a really long break, been almost an hour now this is kind of concerning
  11. Darkoon New Member

Teams of Farmers are powerleveling as fast as they can at the moment.
    To bring you the best of gear and reasonably expensive prices.
  12. IgnisFirestarter New Member

I bet you can already buy XXXXpp for mega bucks and get a fully plane geared toon for even more
  13. Darkoon New Member

14. KimchiGoddess Augur

Launches are always like this, it'll be fine in the next day or two.
    Face_Rollan likes this.
  15. MMOer Augur

I think this is accurate information.
  16. TLP Addict Augur

17. uk6999 Augur

They throttle people in during server launches at a very slow rate and also most likely to see how the server responds with the increased pressure over time to mitigate server crashes.

I never understood why they don't launch dual servers for TLPs then merge them after 3 months. My guess they are working with very limited personal and/or funds and just can't afford the hardware or the time to merge them as merging servers could produce it's own subset of issues.
  18. Dominate Elder

Same!
    furrykitty likes this.
  19. KimchiGoddess Augur

There'd also be the headache of duplicate names.
  20. brohamjams New Member

pretty much this