Soo... player pets...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nurfz, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nurfz Journeyman

I would do that but they are part of the problem. They're part of the reason why the state of game is what it is. Raid as a tank (in which many guilds are admitting to using pets instead) to do group content or make a pet class or go with the inferior to pets but better than most players mercenary tanks.

I think we're all well aware of which choice the community is making. So now we ask ourselves why? Why do you think that is? I would love to hear a legitimate rebuttal from anyone who is constantly looping to a pet argument. I'm pointing out that rather than lobbying for innovative solutions for player tanks, people are just making another class.

I guess another part of the problem is people just don't have enough faith that there will be meaningful change.
  2. Rogue Augur

When's this going to happen?
  3. Nurfz Journeyman

I guess as soon as you learn to make a real response and not unsuccessfully clever and cute ones. There's always that one "thinks he is smart" guy who has to make remarks like that.
  4. Cicelee Augur

What if there was no such thing as boxing? Where you can only play one character at once? It would force people to group and achieve goals and quests and tasks in game. Which means people would invite tanks into their group, so now tanks become viable and in a happier state in the group game! They will feel wanted and needed, and can tank group named until their hearts are content. You could not have a magician pet in many groups because that would mean no melee classes: no rogues, beserkers, monks, etc. You would have to have a tank.

There. Problem is not magician pets. It is boxing. Eliminate boxers, you make tanks feel wanted and desired. Because now Bob and Sue cannot box theiralt magician to tank a named, Bob and Sue will have to invite Ted the Paladin. Or Mike the Warrior. Or George the SK.

See how silly that is? It is as silly as every single pet thread over the past month, created by people who want to nerf pets for whatever personal agenda or reason they have. News flash: Magicians are a solo class. The way we solo is by having our pet tank. Which means my raid focused pet needs to tankgroup content appropriately, otherwise I am no longer a solo class. Our pets are FINE. Tanks are also FINE as well, especially the ones I have grouped with.

If you want people to feel wanted, then stop boxers and give incentives for group play. That will help the overall health and community of the game.
  5. Nurfz Journeyman

Oh come on. Thats a very, very long drawn and grasping hypothetical and you know it. Boxing has been around since day one, but with a fraction the magnitude it is now. Not feeling wanted isn't the issue. They just aren't wanted and desired (in group play) over the other alternatives.

Feel free to argue all you like but your position is indefensible. Also, in your example, Magicians really were never the solo class they are now in vanilla, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, etc. So please stop acting like these pet classes have always been tanking named mobs with ease. You're just in denial.

The sooner you can get past that chip on your shoulder the sooner you will realize that I do not want to change anything about Magician pets. I just want intelligent solutions to help player tanks be able to tank the group bosses without having to have raid gear and/or invest an ungodly amount of time for a mediocre result.
  6. yaddab Augur

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  7. Cicelee Augur

Look. You do not like magician pets. We all get it. If you really want us to believe that your agenda is tank boosts, then do the following to gain some sort of community credibility (if you care about such a thing):

1. Do not post in this thread again.

2. Create a new thread. Title it "Tank boosts" or something appropriate.

3. State your opinions but NEVER mention pets. At all.

I doubt you will, because you have been proven to be a farce and just another player mad at pets. I am just satisfied that developers do not listen to players like you...
  8. Piemastaj Augur

All the tanks I play with are fine and destroy my pet. There is no issue in my game play. My class also requires a pet to solo. Again no issue. The biggest issue is u have bad players jealous of good players. Nothing will solve that issue.

You have yet to provide solutions, you want others to do it for you while making nerf calls.

You went about this completely wrong. You were told that and you still continue.
  9. Nurfz Journeyman

Lol. This is literally pointless because all the responses are pet classes defending something that I'm not suggesting be changed. So you can just go on your merry way and I'm sure you'll turn a deaf ear to this problem since it doesn't directly affect you. Let me know how that approach works out for the game overall in six months, a year, or two years. Good day.
  10. Piemastaj Augur

Pets have been tanking for over 10 years, the game is old. Pet tanking won't be the reason why the game gets shutdown lol. No new graphics will be much more of a reason or new models ect. Also fully released expansions getting released on-time would be great.

Start a new thread with your excellent tank ideas and you might have a leg to stand on. Until that happens you have brought nothing original to the discussion and merely copied others complaints.
  11. wingz-83 Augur

Well..when a raid tank has 11k+ ac and a group tank is bearly breaking 9 (have you seen the shield desparity alone?) I think the following should be done.
    I agree with you Pie that tanks should be boosted to be able to break game mechanics like pets. Mez shouldn't affect tanks nor should end/mana drains.
    Just think in terms of power. Any mage can pick up EM13 in the group game which was an SS raid drop just last expac. Can you think of one piece of tank gear that can give that large of a power boost to group tanks just 1 expac later? Are SS raid shields available to group tanks because that would definitely be an equivelant piece, no I don't think they are.

So yea I agree..boosting tanks should be the way to go becasue since mages have easymode currently.
  12. Ronak Augur

One of the more blatant nerf call posts since the forums were changed. If you're a mage, I'm the queen of england.

Also, 'everyone is making mages' and 'swarms of mage alts'? Can you provide a source for all these new mage alts flooding zones you speak of? I've not seen any.
  13. Littlelegs Elder

Prediction complete. No new information was gathered on this day. Bad post.
  14. Voragath Augur

I'm not threatened at all. That's an assumption. I'm well aware of the state of pets. Mind reading failure. (don't even try to call me out on this because the mage community is aware of my feelings on the state of pets)

As to your first line: "...mercenaries were the first way in which tanks weren't really a necessity..." is false. Mage pets did this on day one of EQ. Especially in the early days when warriors were so bad they had to rally to get the class fixed because it was broken. All caster groups have existed since day one due to these facts.

Next line is also false. Pets at various expansions couldn't help us kill named because they were so bad. In SoF they got fixed and this picked back up. The class is still here, the community is still thriving. We lost more good mages due to poor dps in the raid game than we did over bad pets. If my pet/mercenary couldn't tank a named it does not follow that a tank can't so why would tanks get buffed if my pet/mercenary failed? Right now, there are nameds that pets and mercenaries can't tank but tank classes can.

Again, strawman: "The fact that Magician are being created in swarms everyday..." I do not see evidence of this and you have provided none. If it were true, it still does not follow that it is entirely due to tanking; it could just be an easy class to box for some added dps.

I have been civil. Merely pointing out flaws and pointing out blatant lies is civil. Facts are facts and care not about feelings or civility. They are completely neutral.
  15. Voragath Augur

Funny, you have provided no facts. Burden of proof lies with the claimant. Show us how PC tanks can't do their jobs and thus need the boosts. It's what your very post should have said if you truly were all about fixing tank classes and not just bashing pets.

And if you wanted to stir ideas, why have you not posited one single idea to fix tanks?

If you have a problem with how well pc tanks are doing provide evidence of what's wrong and propose an idea to fix it.
  16. wingz-83 Augur

Allow tanks to break game mechanics just like pets. Also allow equivelant raid drop for tanks from SS raids in the group game.
    Just watched a group take down stormwheel with mage pet. Just stay outside the DD range and if the pet died..meh summon another one no big thing. Now my evidence is anecdotal and I'm not saying it's wrong that it happened. I'm just pointing out that if you can take out end game named with a pet, why bring a real tank especially when the pets have the added benefit of being able to break game mechanics depending on which named you want. Real tanks don't have that benefit. I mean the power of iceflame or aegis alone for a real tank would be super awesome.
  17. Littlelegs Elder

Do you remember what SS raid gear looks like? compare Sea Gem, Adornment of the Companion to the trash drops available in Shard's Landing. FYI, they are so close your argument goes to HAHA land. Not off named mind you, or a raid target, but trash. Start your post with non-laughable arguments to avoid derailment. Nurfz could learn that as well.
  18. Ezlano Journeyman

Real tanks turned this idea down years ago.
  19. FcsevenXIII Augur

Love the fake name lol.
  20. Voragath Augur

Pets don't break any mechanic. Pets only avoid those mechanics the devs want them to. I have seen pets feared, blurred, mezzed, ae'd, charmed, hit with viral, etc. I haven't seen one blinded but who knows, maybe they can be.

Just stay out of DD range huh? Just summon a new pet? Let's see, 6 seconds to summon or unsuspend a pet...who's tanking that mob for those 6 seconds so the mage can do that? Once Goner is gone, the mage gets summoned and killed instantly so you will need someone else in there to tank for 6 seconds. Actually, it will take longer because that pet still needs certain buffs to do what you want and that takes time. There are mobs that pets probably can't take on either. Miggles was a nasty mob to deal with in VoA; once the pet was pushed so far then it was over for that mage/group. But like was pointed out earlier, mages have been solo'ing end game nameds from day one so no big deal. If you want your tank to do it, then leave pets out of the discussion because they have no bearing on it.

Why bring a real tank? I dunno...maybe because it's easier and the mage can bring more dps that way? Just because one way is easier to you does not mean it is for all and that your easier way is going to become the norm. A good example is the melee stacking some top guilds did during SoD and UF. Not every guild chose that model.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.