Song of the Storm [only] bugged since patch?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Siilmaril, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Siilmaril New Member

[Mangler, DoDH, Level 70]

Since the patch, I've noticed that Song of the Storm is no longer benefiting from worn instrument modifiers (AAs, Harmonize/Resonance, and Amplification appear to be working fine).

Anyone else notice this?

Other songs appear unaffected.
    Stormblade appears unaffected.
  2. Siilmaril New Member

To clarify: the higher level song, Stormblade, appears to work as intended and is appropriately modified by Singing resonance (i.e., Epic, etc.) as well as ancillary modifiers (AAs, Harmonize/Resonance, etc.).

Gear/AAs untouched between variations below:
    Current worn/AA modifiers on this character exceed 4.2 cap (1.0 + 0.8 [SM4] + 0.6 [VotS Resonance] + 1.9 [Epic 2.0]).

Storm Blade (69)
    Without Amp
    [Mon Jan 25 10:31:03 2021] You hit a basilisk for 419 points of chromatic damage by Storm Blade Strike.
    With Amp
    [Mon Jan 25 10:31:24 2021] You hit a razorscale moccasin for 419 points of chromatic damage by Storm Blade Strike.
    Observation: As expected, Amp is redundant on this character due to already exceeding the cap without this effect.

Song of the Storm (61)
    Without Amp:
    [Mon Jan 25 10:30:31 2021] You hit a basilisk for 180 points of chromatic damage by Song of the Storm Strike.
    With Amp:
    [Mon Jan 25 10:30:41 2021] You hit a basilisk for 314 points of chromatic damage by Song of the Storm Strike.
    Observation: Without Amp, the effect of modifiers on the base 75 damage is a 2.4 modifier [1.0 + SM4 + Resonance]. A 2.4 modifier is also not possibly achieved using 1.9 from Epic (it would leave a 0.5 modifier to be delivered from other sources). Amp does modify this to the expected 4.2 multiplier.

Conclusion
    Song of the Storm appears to be unique in its failure to apply worn resonance effects, even compared to its higher level partner from the same expansion which does.
  3. Nniki Augur

While I have no logs to compare before and after the patch, as I haven't used Song of the Storm Strike in years on live, the spell data doesn't appear to have changed.

Storm Blade Strike uses skill 41 (Singing). Song of the Storm Strike uses skill 98.

So, since Song of the Storm Strike doesn't use the Singing skill, like Selo's Kick which uses skill 30 (Kick), it ignores Singing Resonance (SPA 413 Fc_BaseEffects for Singing Skill), but, for whatever reason, does get modified by SPAs 118 (Amplification / Harmonize / Resonance), 179 (Puretone), and 260 (AddInstrumentMod / Singing Mastery).

I agree that it's odd that they use different skills though being they both came out in the same expansion (DoN) and are considered to be the same song line. Another oddity is that Song of the Storm (L61, ID 6734) will overwrite Storm Blade (L69, ID 6666) but Storm Blade will not overwrite Song of the Storm... I wonder if they use the spell ID to compare which one takes precedence in that scenario.
    Siilmaril likes this.
  4. Siilmaril New Member

Thanks! This is a really informative contribution. :)
    Nniki likes this.