Some Velium Threaded items are now flagged "lore equipped"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Apos, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Maedhros High King

If you have 6 people running missions that were all too dumb to take advantage of the absurdly high drop rates in WW at even con mob camps before the mid January patch and all 6 of those people still need ores, then ya, thats your fault.
    In my case nearly everyones main in my guild has their 5 or 6 ores needed for augs and many of their alts are done, even if they had to farm a full set to complete the trade-skilled group gear in the rare cases that their alts did not get fully raid geared in TOV.
    I can 4 box 2 of the missions and I am no pro at boxing. All the ores rot when I box, and 99% of the time when I do missions with other people the ores rot.
    There is another post about named spawns and aug dropping and one of them was on 45 kills of a named without the aug dropping, and the names certainly do not spawn every cycle. I myself have camped Pastletlith for more hours than I care to think about and he has been so rare for me that I think I've only killed him 4 or 5 times and never dropped the aug.
    This is definitely an "individual experiences may vary" kind of situation I'm sure we can agree.
    Derka and Metanis like this.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

Someone else who shares my hatred for Pastletlith! Last aug I need and proving to be the most difficult by far.
    Maedhros likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

well I was upset about the patch when it came out with the new nerf on CRO drop rates, because I wasn't able to purchase CoV till after the patch. However sense then in the 2 weeks ? sense the ore nerf I have been able to get like 8 to 10 ore's from Nice people either in my guild who run Zlando constantly or from other players just being nice .. Yes I had to buy a few of them but the 3 ore's I purchased only ran me about 100k each which if you ask me is a great price .. I still need about 12 more ores but I feel i'll get those within the next month maybe even less .. i'm getting roughly an ore or even 2 every day or every other day .. so I'm happy .. I do feel their drop rate On Named should be a lil higher went 5 hours with no named once then when he did pop didnt have the ore on him . but oh well ..

As it stands I have all visibles except my helm and legs all T3 including weapons and shield and even 2 Augs .. so just have non vis to go and a few pieces of vis left ..
  4. Laronk Augur

Well people who are late to the game should have the same ability to get gear, on the other hand there's no need to be fully geared in just a couple weeks so the current rate should be fine and people should suck it up.
    Maedhros likes this.
  5. Maedhros High King

I agree, ideally the drop rate would have been set at the beginning of the expansion to what it is now, but Ngreth mentioned it was a mistake so there is not much we can do other than buck up and grind it out, like I have been doing with the Pastletliths skill and Fantastic Feline Cameo that I can't get to drop.
  6. Lonewolff New Member

Just a comment on the Restless Ore drop rate in the CoV expansion. I agree that the drop rate of Ore was to easy but now it is like a "Ghost Town" without tumble weeds. Days of killing 20+ named and countless trash mobs resulted in 1 Ore. I can't do the HA's with the chest drops alone and trying to find someone to do them with that doesn't won't 300 to 500K per mission is pretty much LFGF - Looking for Group Forever. Just food for thought that if you could see fit to find a happy medium on the drop rate, it would be much appreciated. At this rate I will not be able to gear out my toons before the next expansion. Thank you and God bless ...stay safe and healthy.
    Kase likes this.