Some Velium Threaded items are now flagged "lore equipped"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Apos, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Biltene Kingslayer

Except now they drop in missions every time. You can literally farm them much quicker in missions. If people are "group content" players, they should make groups and do the "group content" to get the ores. If you're someone who doesn't group, because you prefer to solo, or aren't in a guild, then you should not be able to get the items as easily as groupers who, you know, group.
    Kase and Sokki like this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

unless your like me and have crappy RNG it would . my chances at loot in a group are not much higher than the .25% off basepop .. seriously i always have sucky rolls .. and if i have to random between 5 other players and there's only 4 group missions to run thru every 6 hours and you know that group of 5 your with isnt gonna last for 12 hours so you can get an ore .. they gonna switch out with new peeps all the time so now your /random with new peeps in group.

one of the reasons im boxing also cause i play late at night its difficult to get groups in middle of night to get enough peeps to run the missions.. im making a 4 box team atm with a strong tank so i can try to 4 box an easy mission myself and farm the ores for my team .. but will see.. tank im not worried about its the dps to kill quick enough so the tank dont have to tank to long :p

also its only 1 ore per mission in CoV .. 2 ores in ToV missions ..
  3. Kase Augur

True point.
    Some prefer to box though and just set camp up somewhere. And as Zamiam mentioned in previous post you still have to roll on those ores with others who are real people. And believe me I never was a boxer until a couple years ago, I loved grouping and playing that way...but now-a-days thats very difficult to do.
    I'm not asking for any drastic increase like it was at rollout but maybe bump it up to around .75-1% vs the .25. What was 1-2 an hour or so at first, could be 1-2 every 2 -3 hours or so.
  4. nitrocutter Journeyman

If the containers aren't no trade then what does your comment even mean? There's nothing impressive about buying all your [container] gear in the bazaar with a krono.

Why don't you come to FV and see a server that matters!
  5. Maedhros High King

Don't be intentionally stupid. The container is only part of a complete item, that's why its a container n stuff. You have to put the rare stuff in it to make it complete. Ores are not tradable.

There is literally nothing whatsoever that interests me about FV.
    I feel pride for what I have been able to build my character into. What the hell is there to be proud about on FV where you can slide your credit card for more krono and then buy just about whatever loot you want?
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I would like to see a compromise on the drop rate not as maybe double what it is now which is still half the rate it was before it got changed.
    Kase, Zamiam and Barton like this.
  7. Cadman Elder

It hasn't been dropped from 4% to 0.25%

It was 1% on a 2d2 table = 4%

It's now 0.25% on that same 2d2 table = 1%
  8. Kase Augur

I'm going by this quote from dev...
    I meant it to be 1%, but it is about 4 % because of something else I did.
    I'll be reducing it to 0.25%, and adding it to rares (not a guaranteed drop, only a change to drop) and the chests (100% drop chance)
    Adam "Ngreth" Bell
    Senior Designer, EverQuest

Whatever the math works out to be doesnt matter to me... it's a reference point to show that whatever the math is...it's not well-balanced. Point of my post is to say it needs to be looked at and adjusted, IMO.

And while I'm here might as well update my last post from 2 days ago in this thread... 1 ore in 8 days now, it was 1 ore in 6 days last post.
    JeffHanson likes this.
  9. Cadman Elder

Well, the "something else he did" was the 2d2 table that he mentioned a few posts down from the one you quoted ... so you were comparing two extremes rather than actual numbers.

Still, my usual group is still averaging 1 Ore every 90mins or so from trash... add in a named and the drop rate goes up a bit.

Not awesome like it was when it was clearly broken, but infinitely better than ToV ever was. No such thing as trash ores before now, so anything is a bonus in my eyes.
  10. Zamiam Augur

prove it or it didnt happen .. I'd like to see you getting 1 ore every 90min .. where are the logs ?
    and I know you said on average .. so your telling me out of a 8 hour game of playing you'll get roughly 4 to 5 ores ? i call BS on that math
    JeffHanson and Kase like this.
  11. JeffHanson Augur

I don't see why this is so hard for people to understand. The new drop rate is 0.25% AS STATED BY THE EQ DESIGNER.

Saying it's 1% or anything else is just wishful thinking.
    Kase likes this.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

This is my take on it, anything greater than 0% chance is a bonus imo. Previously you had to kill nameds or run missions to get the BiS group armor. Now, just about any class can solo zone trash and have a chance at it. Be happy that's even an option instead of relying on only Nameds and Group Missions.
    Sancus and Kase like this.
  13. Vaeeldar Augur

Some of us read andparticipated i the full thread including all of Ngreth’ s posts. Either way you can complain all you want the rate on this is not going back up. It’s still very easy to average an ore under 2 hours of game play which is pretty good for gear upgrades.
  14. Maedhros High King

You guys are acting like babies. Its 4 augs per missions clear. You can do missions 4x a day. You can get 16 ores a day. Stop being babies.
    You wanna complain about something legit, how about talk about the garbage named spawn rate and the even more garbage aug drop rate.
    Also the drop odds on missions seem heavily slanted to the lore type 5's, and the weapon augs. Then Wrapped Entropy stone. Everything else is very rare or almost non-existent.
  15. Kase Augur

So many people miss the point of most of the people's posts here and in a couple other threads similar to this topic. I'm not speaking for anyone else just listing my observations and thoughts of what has been said recently... maybe I'm wrong?
    1) Most agree the drop rate at first was too high. (dev error or whatever the math was) but most agree it shouldn't have been that easy.
    2) Most here aren't asking for any drastic increase from what the rate is now.
    3) Most agree there is bad balance between what an average group can obtain whether boxing or in a real group vs. raid gear. (Both are high end items that should not be easy to just get, and some work needs to be put into obtaining them)
    4) Yes they drop in missions but can just every group(whether boxed or real) go run 4 missions a day in CoV? I'd say some can be done and some not that easy. Basically you need the gear the missions provide thru ores to run those missions. And some people just don't have that amount of time in a day to run all the missions, or some prefer to just camp a camp... and yes I've seen most agree that the ores dropping from trash mobs is a nice and fairer addition to this expansion.
    5) If you post something you disagree with why is that called complaining? I don't recall seeing any posts that align with these views as a complaint or are asking for free/easy things. I have seen others trying to shoot those ideas down.
    6) My personal last point is... I have a hard time understanding how some say they get 1.5 ores =2 hours or x amount ores =several hours. My experience since the patch is very different. 3-4 hours every morning, same camp, 8 days =1 ore. To fully gear 1 toon, well I don't even want to do that math, let alone gear anyone who has boxes. To gear someone who raids - where diamondized ores both drop and you get paid in currency to buy them... well I assume and may be wrong but much much faster.
    Please fairly re-look at this issue devs.
  16. Biltene Kingslayer

First off, people kill at different rates. If you kill 3 mobs an hour (an exaggeration I hope), vs. someone who kills 30 mobs an hour, then taking into account hourly rates can be misleading. You could also be setting up camp in a spot that doesn't have a great drop rate, vs. someone that has found a spot where they drop more frequently.

Secondly, in regards to raiders, I have attended all of my guilds CoV raid days except for one, and I have yet to get a diamondized ore(not that it bothers me in the slightest). You have had the ability to gain group ores since the expansion opened. Our first raid didn't even happen until a month after launch. Currently there are 3 raids available that each drop 2 ores, so a total of 6 ores per raid day. With a minimum of 54 raiders per event, that's a 1/9 chance to obtain an ore every 5 days (taking out the logistics of dkp spending and guild politics which can affect those chances). Groupers are able to gain an ore by doing missions, a one in 6 chance (if no mercs and full group) x4, and if all missions are being done your chances to get an ore should increase as it should be understood that only one person can get one ore per run, and you can do this every 6 hours. Not only that, but if you don't go that route (which everyone absolutely should, but I understand it's not always possible), you can attempt to camp them in the open world which is what you are doing. Not something a raider can do.

Not to mention the fact that I currently have 120 raid coins, with max I could have right now being 150, and diamondized ores aren't even unlocked on the raid vendor, and even if they were, the anticipated price is around 600ish coin. They're expected to be unlocked with T2 content is my understanding, which is still about a week away, but even when they are available, I won't be able to buy one with currency for quite some time.

So it's a good chance that it will be a minimum of 2 months from launch that I am able to get my first raid ore, while you've been able to get your ores the whole time the expansion is available.
    Cadman and Maedhros like this.
  17. Maedhros High King

So much of this is assumptions, factually inaccurate, and just, like, your opinion man.
    1. ...
    2. ha
    3. You want to obtain trash drops as fast as raiders, become a raider and bring raider friends. This has been the most ridiculous theory people have postulated. There are not enough mobs in the WW caves that are close enough together to keep a high end raid geared group "fed". An average group can kill just as many mobs because they are too fricken far apart to put massive kill rates down.
    4. So what do you want, to log in and have ores appear on your cursor because you can not beat group missions, nor have the time to even attempt? Ores still drop outside of missions.
    5. Its complaining because they took away a ridiculously easy means of ore acquisition but you had over a month to take advantage of it just like anyone else. I got 5 toons done with ores before the nerf, mostly by soloing with my necro and logging in my alts when an ore dropped. Not by running with 6 raiders going hard at grinding. The primary means of acquisition has been changed to mission chests and you can obtain ores faster now than you ever could have before, and yet people are unhappy, thus complaining.
    6. I don't think you understand how RNG works, the law of averages, bad luck, or differences of personal experience.
    As for raid ores..
    I am the guild leader of one of the top raiding guilds in EQ and so far I have 1 raid ore. You have no idea what you're talking about but Biltenes post explained this one well,
  18. Kase Augur

True it is my opinion based on previous posts I've read. I don't want anything easy and free just balanced, nowhere will you see me saying that. Also side-note your comments are very condescending and a twist of things I was saying. I could split hairs with you and respond in same manner as you did to each bullet point but nah...peace -have good day!
    eqgamer likes this.
  19. Kase Augur

Thanks, good info, clears up my very last couple sentences... I didn't know the vendors weren't open yet. That makes a difference in how I see that side of the issue now. I still think the entire thing needs to be looked at closer for all though. "shrug" but it's cool if not.
  20. Moege Augur

6 hour lockout. 6 people rolling on the ores.Most of the people are not online 24 hours a day.
    Impressive that you can solo the mission... for a guaranteed ore. Do you set an alarm each time your lockout is cleared ?

Named spawnrate is fine so is the aug droprate. You need something to do anyway between waiting for the mission lockouts.