Some simple tips for newer players or first timer TLP'ers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 26, 2021.

1. Mithra Augur

Some raid guilds will skip VP but none I know would skip Vex Thal.
    Appren likes this.
  2. Sakuraba Augur

Definitely have to agree with this. I played a Wizzy in Aradune through Classic, Kunark, and Velious. Was it perfect? No of course not, Wizards have so many early era problems. But making things explode was fun, and that was my goal. I ended up in a lot of groups just as a result of the little things I learned along the way like using the orange AoEs as a means of saving mana on single targets, and getting good with timing on Shackles of Force to help split tougher adds if we didn't have an enchie. Dispelling AC debuffs, etc also made life easier on the melees.
  3. WokeCat Augur

Mischief was my first real TLP and one thing I regret was not buying Kronos for cheap before Kunark launched. People were literally selling them for 600pp, right in front of me, and I didn't buy them. A couple of months later the same kronos were going for 30K.

I also wouldn't recommend playing a Cleric. I'm a Cleric main on P99 and it's super rewarding over there due to how rare the class is and the fact that Cleric players are very sought after.

On TLP, being a Cleric felt really bad because it's the most commonly boxed class. This isn't an issue on P99 where boxing is strictly forbidden, but on TLP, if you are a Cleric main you will quickly feel obsolete when you realize a significant amount of players already have an AFK heal bot cleric on standby 24/7.
  4. Scordax New Member

Awesome! Though according to point 6 I should not be reading this :)

Very entertaining read, easy to understand and all 100% truth.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Can't believe you missed /calendar
  6. Herf Augur

Thank you yes, that's what I meant. Not sure why I can't + your post.
  7. Burdi Augur

Server 1 is cool.
    They should remove lore tag too.
  8. Tachyon Augur

use /assist and learn how to type... i use voice comms now, but also raided pop and god with nothing but my fingers, no gina crutch either!
  9. Monkeychunks Augur

Set time stamps on your chat so you don't look stupid by responding to something in chat that is hours old.

Right click in chat window where you would type something and select which time format you want to display
    Tachyon likes this.
  10. Tachyon Augur

yeah grumpy old guy but as an example, imagine a day when all cars drive themselves, does anyone learn to drive manually anymore?