Some simple tips for newer players or first timer TLP'ers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 26, 2021.

1. Kahna Augur

AOC's are tailored to each server Phinny's AOCs were Phinny, Aradune's AOC's were Aradune, Coirnav was one of those little fish dudes. Selos' was a bard.

Mischief's AOCs are a giant halfling.
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  2. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Pro Tip:

To help with lag and your sanity, make the following hotkey:

/hidecorpse all

This will hide all corpses of players and NPCs except your own.
    Appren likes this.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

/hidecorpse always and you'll never see them again (except your own) until you /hidecorpse none (note this flag seems to carry over to alts, took me a while to figure out why my cleric alt couldn't find anyone to rez lol)
  4. Machen New Member

/hidecorpse always npc -- if you are a cleric and ever want to rez anyone.
    Stymie, OldTimeEQ1 and Tweakfour17 like this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

I've used /hidecorpse always and /hidecorpse npc lots, never thought to combine them lol. TIL.
    Berg likes this.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

If you are cheap like me and didn't buy the bags, you should hit the bank before you go out to level since there is an extra bag in there you can use.
  7. Aiona Augur

8. Blastoff Augur

Save yourself a headache, and a bunch of time, and just find a new camp if you come across combative players who want to steal your cookies.
    OldTimeEQ1 and Yinla like this.
  9. ForumBoss Augur

Turn auto zoom off on the map. I wish it was off by default for new characters.
  10. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

use /note to make notes! very useful!
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Bind "Cycle through nearest NPCs" and "Consider" to the same key. I use Tab. When I'm running somewhere or scouting I constantly spam Tab, checking for see invis mobs.
    Rijacki, Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  12. Aneia Master

Good.
    Better
    Best

Also, I am glad to see the masses converting to the good gospel of Always Need. It just saves everyone from loot arguments. Most people are charitable enough to assign group gear or quest items to members that can actually use them.
    Chaotika and Tweakfour17 like this.
  13. WokeCat Augur

This will sound like weird advice, but I recommend leveling bad characters first. When the server is new, or when an expansion is new, there is a lot more people playing, and a lot more opportunity for useless classes like Rogues to find a group.

As the server ages, it's extremely rare to have a Cleric or Enchanter in your group since most of the people who wanted one have already leveled theirs. So there's really no downside to leveling your Cleric or Enchanter 6 months after a server launches, you will get a group even faster then than you would have during launch, where these classes were plentiful, but some of the weaker classes won't have such an easy time and could potentially spend months trying to reach max level.
  14. kenmei Augur

just surprised they stickied a post advising people to download 3rd party software to play EQ.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

which sticky do you mean and what 3rd party software
  16. kenmei Augur

17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok so that is the third party you speak of.

Where is the post?
  18. kenmei Augur

the original OP post #13 on the list
    why do I have to state this in it's own thread?
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

In the Bazaar, select HIDE ALL SELLERS... and when you cannot see the vendor then have them targeted and use /usetarget
  20. MMOer Augur

Hi Guise!