Some Rogue Suggestions

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gloomfall, May 12, 2017.

1. Gloomfall Lorekeeper

Not sure if this is the best place to share them, but there are a couple things that I'd really like to see and some of them I have been wanting for years. If anything it's more of a wish list.

Tracking - I imagine this to be about the same as Bard gets it. Low initial cap of 100 and increased cap through a line of AAs up to 200 points.

Innate Run Speed - I'd like to see an increase to this line up to a maximum of Rank 10 instead of Rank 8.

Poison Making QoL - It would be nice to see a bit of QoL improvements to the Make Poison skill. Making the 95 and 100 vials and the Bite of the Shissar poisons available from the PoK Eastern Trader building would be a really good start. Other than this, possibly an AA to either increase or remove the cap on the number of strikes a poison lasts.

Thrown Weapon QoL - Would love to see some decent Thrown Weapon options in the game and possibly an "Endless Bandoleer" AA similar to the Endless Quiver AA that Rangers get, but for Thrown Weapons. We don't need to be Ranged Weapon masters, but it would be nice to have options for pulling and for fights where we can't get into melee.

Sap Discipline - It'd be nice to see a short duration Mez/Fade discipline that can only be used from stealth and doesn't break stealth. Something that would allow Rogues to more easily split pulls for solo/molo content. It'd be a nice and interesting utility boost.

Fade/Escape QoL - It would be nice to have solid fade options for pulling and the ability to use Escape more frequently than once every couple minutes would help with that.

Item Skill Bonus Revamp - A lot of the late game items tend to have bonuses to things like Eagle Strike, Bash, Kick, etc. Very few however seem to have bonuses to Backstab. It would be nice if the class specific ones such as Kick or Bash would change depending on the class that wore the item so they would be more appropriate to anyone who wears it. Either that, or more items should have Backstab on them. Especially items with "Rogue" or "Assassin" in the name.
  2. segap Augur

Why? Let's not look in to taking unique abilities from other classes

Again, no need for this.

For the couple times a year I make utility poisons, it's not that much of an inconvenience getting the expansion specific mats. Sure, it would be convenient if they made a PoK vendor, but I really don't see the value in them spending time doing so.

I wouldn't turn down additional charges either, but it's also a minor thing. However, if they increased our proc rate so that we could actually reliably fullimate our alliance, then additional charges would be nice.

We are way over due for a new throwing weapon clickie. Would be nice to actually have a range slot bag that functions like bows do. That is an actual full stat, augable range item that then throws what ever ammo we have in the ammo slot. Getting something like that is pie in the sky though. I'll settle for an upgrade to Belt of Mysterious Daggers.

We already have two mez abilities. And that is probably 2 more than we should have. It's co-opting other classes. Using what we already have, we can easily split most pulls. The only change I think is reasonable to ask for is taking Disassociative Puncture off the same timer as Smokeshade.

I don't think this is needed and starts to encroach on monk utility. We're already solid pullers thanks to Smokeshade.

I'm well over the backstab skill mod cap and I'm not even using all the SoD type 3s. In previous expansions, there was always a single back slot that had the +backstab. In TBM and EoK, they all do which is an improvement. And we have the +backstab on selected visibles as well. TBM added +25 to the Rogue version of the Relife Adornment type 7 aug. Unless they raise the cap, we're set with +backstab.
  3. Jazya Elder

A tuning pass on the damage of all lvl 80+ poisons would be nice.

I really like the idea to remove counters, take it a step further to poison duration being permanent - It would make it worthwhile to stock multiple element/utility if you're only charged for swapping it out.

Also some big wins for the Strike of Ssraeshza crazies would be 20+ yield per combine, 0.1 casting time & stacking to 1000.

I like the endless bandolier idea even if it isn't truly unlimited. Some options might be ammo consumed at a drastically (90%) reduced rate, or summoned 1000 at a time. Also it'd be great if certain items had their casting times reduced... e.g. 15 second soriz pouch down to 0.5 sec

A couple of other throwing suggestions:
    • Remove minimum range requirement
    • Tuning pass on throwing damage tables
    • Ensuring all throwing items stack to 1000
    • Poison proc rate adjustments for throwing (does it even?)
    • Chance for deadly strike/assassinate from the front arc per Chaotic stab AA

An endurance based jolt on a faster timer might be nice, but that's not what Escape should be. We really should accept nothing short of the old escape back. This current version is nonsense.
    Poyzen Frawg and Gloomfall like this.
  4. Poyzen Frawg Augur

5. Qbert Gallifreyan

Co-opt: dispel a beneficial buff from an enemy and steal the stripped buff(s) for you or your group into the song window for a few ticks