Some ideas for those wanting a safe space server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, Jun 18, 2017.

1. TLP Addict Augur

Seeing as every man and his dog has their own idea of the ideal ruleset for a TLP tailored for their personal tastes I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon with a couple of ideas of my own.

Seems that one of the biggest gripes people have is the krono farmers and griefers being able to run over anyone that gets in their way with little in the way of consequences.

These problems can not be entirely prevented without turning the game into WoW with 1st to tag rules, leashing mobs etc but we could make a few changes that might reduce it a lot.

New TLP.

Instanced: Yes
    Truebox: Yes
    Open with Kunark (possibly Velious) available on day one to spread people out a bit more.

All race/class combo's (except Vah Shir) available from launch, spawn those BST and BER npc's so that people can get spells/tomes etc, no need to go overboard and include every single quest, but have the main loot sets drop so people can gear up.

Remove or reduce ZEM's from overcrowded zones or improve them across the board to make less used zones more viable for those that want to gain experience quickly, but not be bottlenecked into a handful of zones.

Subscription required: Yes, require people to pay a subscription for access to this server and spend some of that money on some people to actually enforce the rules. Even if punishments only involve suspension from this one server people will be more inclined to behave.

Account age restriction: Only available to accounts created on or before 9 Feb 2004 (GoD release date). Can't simply replace a banned account with a fresh one powered by krono and PL it to catch up in a few days, people might have to actually play nice if there's a risk that their one or two eligible accounts might be banished from the server.

Just throwing a few spitballs at the wall to see what sticks.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Meh the walls seem to be Teflon coated...
  3. nestharus Journeyman

I don't like the account age restriction. Why not just tie an account to a country id number, like SSN in the US, similarly to how Korea does it? This would enforce 1 account per person. Furthermore, if that person is banned, they are gone forever. Seems like a simple enough solution. This would prevent boxing of any kind. This would stop griefers.

Also, remove name change from cash shop. Doing that will make reputation suddenly also matter. Well, I guess you could still have guilds of scumlords. However, there could be guild wars... good guilds preventing scumlord guilds from doing their raids, though I don't think many people would care enough to do that.
  4. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

It would never happen, but I like the account age thing.

And it's not about safe spaces. It's about wanting to play the game in an environment where the game is being played for the sake of the game. Not on a krono farm infested with the trailer trash freeloaders it attracts.

I would be entirely comfortable with them going a pvp route instead, though.
  5. Tinytinker Augur

So, you are advocating people enter their Social Security numbers when they have to create an account? I'm not comfortable with that, especially with how easily accounts can be hacked.
  6. eqzekisdead Augur

If they can give us a way to fight mage 6boxers the server would be so much more fun.

Make all pets have pvp enabled that would do it.
  7. Espiritun Augur

"A place where everything is just as I like it where I can be intolerant to those that want to play differently", you say?

But its not about "safe spaces"

ok there snowflake....