Some buffs expiring on suspended pet

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Tweakfour17, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

I've noticed some buffs seem to expire on a suspended pet, is that normal? an old bug or a new bug?

Spells specifically I noticed were no longer on my pet when he would come back from suspension were Frenzied Burn Out and Ancient Veil of Pyrilonous.

Is it because they are short duration and would normally fall in the song window so they dont persist?
  2. Cicelee Augur

You can no longer cast FBO on a pet, suspend it, then zone. You lose that FBO.

I am 99% sure you can zone, cast FBO, suspend pet, and then that pet will still have FBO when you unsuspend it. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on that. But I do know the first statement is 100% true.
  3. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

I had actually wrote something up in this regard under the bug section a while back. However it's not a bug as far as I can tell.

Essentially ANY buff that you now see that go to the song window... will expire on your pet the second you suspend and log, change zone etc.. If you buff them and suspend and remain in the same zone (so you are just waiting on a PH/named for instance), the buffs will remain. In the past all/many of these short term buffs would stick on the pets even after suspended and zone/log. That has changed.

Thus, whatever buffs you get say MGB in the GL and go to the NORMAL buff window, as far as I tested, remain on the pet when you suspend, then log or zone. Also your own innate pet buffs remain (for my Necro the fortify line, Frenzy, all Aegis lines) stick. Spires also remain as those go to the normal buff window. As does the druid AA Group Wolf, enchanter glymph etc, as they all go to the normal buff window. Some group AA buffs stay... some do not. Paragon of spirit used to stick, it no longer does. The ranger Auspice and Group Forrest used to stick, they no longer do. I suppose you can test this yourself.

Now about bard buffs... before all the songs would stick for their short duration once I would pop the pet but now none remain. The Bard's attack/haste sword click still sticks as does their group movement AA line.

For my mage I can confirm 100% that my own AA buffs, again fortify line, second wind, clickies from chest items and the burnout REMAIN on the pet once suspended and zone or log.
  4. Elemental Augur

Can say with over 100% certainty that Frenzy Burnout will not stay on the pet when you cast it, suspend pet, and zone. Just tested it. This is a bug that needs to be fixed in my opinion. Playing on a PVP server, not having that Frenzy Burnout buff on your pet when you zone is a massive disadvantage.
  5. Bobokatt07 Journeyman

I stand corrected and I apologize. Indeed the Mage pet AA buff Frenzy Burnout no longer sticks after logging or zoning. THIS DID NOT happen the last time I tested it. The interesting point of this is that the actual consolidated AA buff casts two spells, the frenzy burnout and Virulent Talon. Virulent Talon sticks but Frenzied Burnout DOES NOT. I am sorry for the previous misinformation.